ivory emporer anyone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I'm looking for a good picture of an alt. ivory Emperor to plagerize...er...borrow. I'm considering turning one but want to get opinions before taking the (expensive) plunge. Post or show link please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GregMuller

Here is one I made for a coworker. The chip is not as huge in real life as the picture makes it look. If you do take the plunge buy the material in bulk. I purchased the 18" long version from CSUSA and got a lot of milage out of it. Next time I would probobly look to Eds material for alt ivory. Either way you need a scary sharp skew and light cuts and lots of patience. I blew out this one twice before I got it right. It took me about a week to turn and polish before it went to Ken K for engraving. Feel free to plagerize as much as you want.

200878193725_pen%20004_edited.jpg

PenWorks

You sure that's alt ivory? Looks like real ivory :) Or maybe micarta [:p] I guess it could be fossilized ivory [?]
Or maybe it could be some of Ed's ivory [:eek:)] You sure you didn't cast this yourself? [:I]
and it is casting ivory ? Well whatever ivory it is, sure is a nice pen.
I bet Frank's going make one and call it imatation real ivory that patinas real nice. :D
Sorry Frank, couldn't resit, [}:)] a little bored in the office today. :D
My appologies Gregg you got caught in the middle :) Again very nice pen.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by PenWorks

You sure that's alt ivory? Looks like real ivory :) Or maybe micarta [:p] I guess it could be fossilized ivory [?]
Or maybe it could be some of Ed's ivory [:eek:)] You sure you didn't cast this yourself? [:I]
I bet Frank's going make one and call it imatation real ivory that patinas real nice. :D

You never know what I'm going to do.
Not sure I'll do an Emp. I like the money and am a bit hinky about the possibility of it not selling.

redfishsc

Originally posted by PenWorks

Anthony,

A while back I had a thread on getting that natural looking antiqued patina on alternative ivory.

We all agreed that the paper from CSA that suggests soaking it in tea doesn't work.

So I suggested soaking it in tea under pressure.

Ed4copies offered the actual solution to getting both the pressure necessary and the color: let Cav sit on it[}:)]

Top Bottom