It's all over for a while.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

I got home today to find this.I'm lost.....It's all melted. Even my new Delta 46-460. What's next?????????

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 432

skywizzard

Man, what happened? Was it only the garage/shop or the entire house? Wishing you the best. A loss like that is hard to take.

RyanNJ

That is a shame, what happened. where are you located? I am sure an IAP member would be willing to let you turn in their shop until you get back up and running

toyotaman

The fire dept. thinks it was lightning from yesterdays storm. The shop is not near the house so it's all I lost.Just trying to get over the shock right now.

PenMan1

Donny, I'm very sorry for your loss! I'm glad that you and your family are OK, I hope that you are insured and that the fire was confined to your shop.

Looking at the photos, I think I will buy Husqvarna when I buy my next chain saw!

kevrob

Wow, what a horrible thing to deal with. At least it was tools that can be replaced and not lives. Best of luck man, we'll keep ya in our thoughts.

LarryDNJR

Man I'm am sorry to hear that. Those are some rough pictures to see. As everyone else has said at least everyone is ok. Items can be replaced.

areaman

Ditto on the above posts. Got a sickened feeling looking at the pics, but at least it you and your family are alright. Hang in there, it is a rough time but you will get through it.

robutacion

Geez..., mate what a bugger of a thing to happen...!:frown:

I'm glad that the damage was contained within the work-shop/shed and not in the house and that you weren't in it when it burnt. Like my previous fellow IAP members stated, is good news that no one got physically hurt in the process and yes, a lot of that stuff (equipment) can be replaced, a lot easier if you had insurance but the vast majority of us don't have any, most of our work-shops or sheds would be insurable anyway, the amount of stuff and how we keep things (volatile materials) together, no insurance would even touch or consider...!:mad:

Anyway, from the devastation in those pics, I reckon some stuff will be able to be salvaged if no insurance is involved, and from the "melting" condition I see on some gear, the heat was considerable in some areas so, if melted the plastics that easy, I'm pretty sure that all you wood stock (blanks) are truly gone so, I may not be able to help you in other ways but I can certainly help by sending you a box full of blanks so, all I need is your postal address details and I'm on to it...! (Send me your details by PM, only...!)

Good luck mate...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

jskeen

Hey Donny;
Sucks to see that happen to anybody. I'm sure that there are plenty of us who would like to do something to help out, Like my buddy George just above me. It would help to know where you are. I understand you don't want your address broadcast, but just a city and state would help us decide if we can help directly, or by mail or however.

James

shawnmhill

I hope all is ok. Sorry for your loss. I imagine it was a major shock. Atleast it was equipment and not a life. Equipment can be replaced. If I can do anything let me know. I'm in Texas but would help as much as I can.

hewunch

Man that makes my heart sick.
And it serves as a reminder to the rest of us to make sure we inventory our tools and stuff in our shops so if this were to happen to us, we would be able to file a complete claim.

snyiper

Donny sorry to see all that happen I can only imagine the shock...Hang in there you'll get through this.
Hans brings up a good point about inventory and or pictures of the shop and contents for this very reason, I should get started on my inventory as well.

My first thought was, "Man that's some heat wave you're having"... but then read the rest of the post... I'm glad it was only things that got lost and not any of the family... things can be replaced... I'm sorry for your loss.

roddesigner

Donny from someone who has experienced this our first house in Fl had a major fire you will recover it takes time but the main thing is no one was hurt sorry for your loss

BigguyZ

I think this is a good reminder for most of us to make sure our policies are in place. I have to have insurance- the mortgage requires it. My garage is automatically covered, but I raised the coverage on it because it's a big garage. Also, I added coverage for my tools inside. It only cost me about $10 more a year. Well worth it.

Toyotaman, I hope you are insured, but whether you are or not I can definitely feel for you man. Let us know what we can do to assist.

KenBrasier

Devastating Loss

Donny,
I know that this is a devastating loss, but those items are replaceable and you can recover. I lost everything in 2007, 3 months after we moved here due to faulty wiring in the garage. It's hard but we recovered, you can too. Good Luck!

toyotaman

I did get with the Ins. agent this morning and I should get most of my equipment but it will cover only about half of my shop.With thoughts and prayers I will get something going.The Ins. adjusters will not be out until the 30th.Then I will see exactly where I stand.Thanks to everyone here. I couldn't make it without all the support.

JAB1

Your loss

Hey man....what a huge bummer....it is a fear that we all live with....I am good for some blanks or hardware....let me know when you are ready and I will ship you some stuff....hang in there.....Allan from Utopia

freznel

While you can look at this as a lose I look at it as a great opportunity to upgrade your shop. Think of the great things that you can do over and make better in your next shop!

nava1uni

Sorry about your loss. Glad that you and your family are okay. When you rebuild the shop make sure you put in a couple lightening rods. PM when you are ready to rebuild and I will also send you some blanks and kits. At least no one got hurt.

Top Bottom