Issues with IPad Stylus ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Anyone having any problems with the CSUSA sytlus?
I have had two calls from customers. It seems the rubber tip has come off.
I know they were good when I sold them, and put together correctly. Trim ring had bevel toward tip and used the press ring. I will send an email to CSUSA about this issue. Hope it is not a problem, I sold a bunch of them in last few months.

Anyone removed the trim ring?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I have made two of them and had both tips come off.

I keep meaning to call during business hours, but can't seem to remember in time. Having a day job sucks (except for the regular paycheck part, that is convenient).

I have not been able to get the trim rings back off to try reassembling them.

I thought about gluing them, but that would mess with the dialectric properties.

Chasper

No problems and I've sold a bunch too.

I've removed trim ring from a couple I reworked, it doesn't come off easy. A dot of CA on the final under the rubber tip and on the metel that contact the trim ring might help, but shouldn't be necessary.

alphageek

Former Moderator
The only problem I've had so far is the one my daughter decided to try and pull the rubber piece off like it was a pencil eraser.

And for that one, no way that I could figure to get the trim ring apart to put it back together.

bitshird

We've made a couple, and I use one every day, but so far no troubles, But I had considered a drop of CA. I guess I will on the ones we make for sale.

Sam@CSUSA

I have had only a couple people call regarding the tips on the stylus kit. Each of those have been issues with customers pulling on the silicone directly. I have yet to have any calls about the tips coming out due to normal usage. Regardless of how the tip has come out though, I have simply suggested pulling the trim ring off with pliers and contacting our customer service department so we can send a replacement trim ring. We get that accidents happen and that people always seem to find a way to make a product work (or not work!) against the way it was intended to. If there have been other instances you guys are experiencing with the tips coming out, it will be very beneficial to hear them. Please feel free to either PM me directly or contact our technical support department and let us know so we can take a look into it for you. We are always looking to improve our products and heavily rely on you guys to let us know what you're experiencing! Thanks to all who have provided input so far on this thread!

Alzey

I have a 4 inch drill press vice that have replaced the jaws with soft pine 1x. I was able to clamp the tip into the vice and use a transfer punch to push out the center. With the soft pine the trim ring dug in and was able to get the center out with damage to the trim ring. Just so slow and make sure you don't push the center completely out of the trim ring or the clap will deform the trim ring. Just get the center out far enough so you can use to hand to pull it out the rest of the way.

Sam,
Any chance we will see some Gun Metal trim rings soon? :wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink:

Fibonacci

I just got off the phone with CSUSAs customer service.

I don't know about anyone else, but it looks like I was not pressing the trim ring on far enough. From the way the instructions were written, I thought the trim ring was supposed to just overlap the coupler. In actuality, it should be pressed all the way to the blank.

I was also able to get a part number to buy replacement trim rings for the damaged ones. I have not decided if I am going to keep making these, but if I do, I will certainly get some extra trim rings.

PN# 979-7850001
Stylus Trim Ring
$1.50 each

Mark@CSUSA

I don't know about anyone else, but it looks like I was not pressing the trim ring on far enough. From the way the instructions were written, I thought the trim ring was supposed to just overlap the coupler. In actuality, it should be pressed all the way to the blank.

I was also able to get a part number to buy replacement trim rings for the damaged ones. I have not decided if I am going to keep making these, but if I do, I will certainly get some extra trim rings.

PN# 979-7850001
Stylus Trim Ring
$1.50 each

I believe I was the one you spoke with about this, and I may have misunderstood you on the phone. If it's replacement parts anyone needs for trim rings that were damaged, we'll be happy to get those out to you at no charge. If you're just looking for extras to have on hand, the info you have in your post is what we're able to sell those for.

So long as the trim ring is pressed firmly up against your turned blank, you should be able to avoid issues with this,if, however anyone does continue to run into any trouble, please let us know.

Again I apologize for any problems anyone has had, if you give us a call, we'll be happy to get you taken care of.

Grizz

Banned

PN# 979-7850001
Stylus Trim Ring
$1.50 each

I believe I was the one you spoke with about this, and I may have misunderstood you on the phone. If it's replacement parts anyone needs for trim rings that were damaged, we'll be happy to get those out to you at no charge. If you're just looking for extras to have on hand, the info you have in your post is what we're able to sell those for.

So long as the trim ring is pressed firmly up against your turned blank, you should be able to avoid issues with this,if, however anyone does continue to run into any trouble, please let us know.

Again I apologize for any problems anyone has had, if you give us a call, we'll be happy to get you taken care of.

Have not bought any of these. But plan to.... thanks so much for coming here and sharing. It shows you care about your customers.

Top Bottom