Issue with threaded cap on Jr pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kdoc87

So I made two Jr Morgan pens (one rollerball and one fountain) and they both are giving me the same issue. The pen, when twisting the cap onto the nib or posting the cap, about 50% of the time, it doesn't wan't to screw on smoothly. If I try to line it up perfectly straight and apply very little pressure, I can get it to screw on properly 8/10 times without unscrewing then retrying. The other times, it tries to go in cockeyed and gets stuck. Other times it goes about half way, sticks a little, then with a little pressure screws the rest of the way fine. The threads on the inside of the cap are black plastic.
Has anyone else ever had this experience with the Jr. pens? Any info on this would really help me out..
Thanks!
Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Do you have a kit that is not assembled yet? Maybe try the threads before assembly just to see if assembling the pen is causing any issues. It might help eliminate whether or not it is the kit or if there is something in the tube making the threads warp.

I have had several morgans now and have not had the issue. Though I am not saying you are wrong. I am certain there can be defects in kits every now and then.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I can tell you with certainty: Defects are RARE!! BUT, they do happen!!!

At this point, we sell tens of thousands of pen kits each year. A few styles have NEVER had a problem, but MOST kit styles will have an occasional "Ooops"--far LESS than one percent of the time in any kit we sell, but it DOES happen!!

I agree with Ron: Try the black plastic piece BEFORE you put it in the cap assy. If it does NOT work then, contact your supplier for a fair remedy!

The more kits I sell, the more I realize they are a pretty remarkable product--VERY good quality, but NOT perfect!! Of course, Dawn and I choose our suppliers carefully and Dayacom does make a Great product!

edstreet

Kdoc, This is a known issue and not a defect. If you do a search you will find plenty of results where this problem has came up several times before. Also If you go over your prep methods and assembly methods the answer will be quite obvious you.

Top Bottom