Irish Bog Oak source? I have a friend traveling to Ireland, Limrick soon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

A friend traveling to Ireland, Limrick.

Want to send them off to find some of the Irish Bog oak. Anyone have a source around Limrick that they know of?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

just about any wood supplier in Ireland should have some. You could also try the Irish Woodturners Guild.

All the stuff I import comes from private properties.

depending on the size of pieces you want, I have some in house right now, but I won't cut it into blank sizes.

keithkarl2007

How much were you looking for? Bogs a little north of Limerick are the oldest bogs in Ireland. I think the bog in Croghan, about 10 miles from my home is the oldest bog in the country. A few years back they found a body that had been buried there for thousands of years and the pressure of the peat on his body left it completely flat and fully preserved.

Bree

If you brought back a nice stash, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the US Customs inspectors gave you a hassle. Don't know why but they seem to conjure up reasons to annoy people these days. Importing bog bugs or something.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

arw01

Currently only thinking a bdft or so as it has to fit into a suitcase for coming home. Just a curiosity at the moment, I like the story and people who might buy pens seem to like the stories about the wood as well.

Keith is close to where my friend will be visiting, so that connection might work out. Plan to keep it small and simple just in case customs is a little silly that day.

Top Bottom