ipopperwood in eBay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Gerry, I've seen many of his auctions, but haven't had the need to buy from him. He does have some pretty stuff, but I think some of it is a bit pricey. Especially when we have the likes of Dario, BigRob, Low48 and others that give us great deals on blanks. JMO

Dario

Gerry,

His feedback record looks okay. Just read more and decide if you are willing to take the risk.

I too buy from eBay but mostly bigger slabs/blocks...if you review the seller before buying and if you pay via paypal with your creditcard...it is pretty safe. Been doing it since 2000.

Good luck!

PenWorks

I purchased from him before. He delivers and had no problems. As Billy said, a bit pricey, but he does get some really nice and unusuall stuff.

Fangar

I have made numerous pruchases from him. Especially his Cross Cut Spalted Maple. It is very very punky, but makes some great looking pens. I have always received good service. Also, I had a couple of blanks that really were duds when I turned them down. He added a few extra to my next order to make up for them.

spaltedeuro.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

mick

Gerry , I've bought from him several times and the beauty of his blanks are you can by as many ....or as little as you want. To me if I'm wanting to try a type wood that's a plus. I'll buy a couple of several species and try em ,if I like I make a bigger order...or find out if Big Rob or Dario has this species....lol. BTW he's always delivered on time and his shipping is reasonable.

AirportFF

I bought from them in the past also and don't recall any problems. I just bought some stuff from McFamilywood. He always seems to have interesting stuff and he was getting rid of a lot of odds & ends for $1 ea. figured at that price I couldn't go wrong.

TexasJohn

I also have purchased from McFamilyWood and have had very good response. As a matter of fact I placed an order with him last night (for the 1.00 per blank special). His product always seem good and he usually throws in a couple of "Thank you" blanks. He seems like a good person to deal with. Texas John

KenV

I have ordered off the web page. Good to deal with and his spalted woods are very pretty. The cross grain stuff is well worth getting. Higher hassle, but spectacurlar colors and patterns.

AirportFF

Originally posted by TexasJohn
<br />I also have purchased from McFamilyWood and have had very good response. As a matter of fact I placed an order with him last night (for the 1.00 per blank special). His product always seem good and he usually throws in a couple of "Thank you" blanks. He seems like a good person to deal with. Texas John

You hit the same sale I did. There were some duds in mine that I discarded. But for $1 each they were pretty nice. I can't stand the mixture he uses on them though. What a mess.

sptfr43

I have also bought some of his spalted stuff. really makes for a nice pen.as for mcfamily I spent close to 75.00 for some peices that I was totally dissatisfied with.only about 15 keepers in the bunch. never again. still trying to clean that goop off them. the rest are in a box for firewood when I get the time[B)]

fritzmccorkle

i've bought ipopper a few times. awesome native species. i used to not like paying by the piece, but got used to it. the quality is very good. now i think i prefer buying by the piece rather than buying more than i need because it seems like a good deal.

Teniko

Go to e-bay, click on community, type mcfamilywoods. It will take you to his name and from there you can contact seller. He usually responds pretty fast. He hasn't had anything new for sale this week so I think he has taken this week off. Hope this helps, Dave.

Jim Boyd

I purchased this pack from himebay auction and it did not look anything like the photo. It was all spalted maple[:D] Excellant price too[;)] If I ever get thru 200+ blanks I now have I'll buy from him again. The wood sellers here ain't bad either[:D]

ograywolf

I wasn't happy with McFamily woods either. By the time I got the goop off I couldn't read the grease pencil labels. Also (and he tells you this) the wood is very green. Some interesting stuff, but given the amount of work in any pen...it always pays to spend the $5 for a stabilized blank.

Borg_B_Borg

ipopperwood is a good seller. I bought from him numerous times. My only complaint with some of his auctions is the pictures are not usually for the actual woods you are really bidding on. He uses representative pictures and frequently the representative pictures are a whole lot nicer than the wood you'll end up receiving. But like I said he's a good seller and if you're not satisfied, he'll work with you until you are.

Steve

KenV

You can zoom right to the web page

http://ipopperwoods.com/

The three pounds of spalted cutoffs will give you some interesting stuff to work with and drive your CA consumption way way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom