Invitation to CA Demo in Central Texas Nov 1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It looks like there is enough interest for my CA demo so I would like to invite all of my fellow IAP members to visit my shop in San Marcos, TX on November 1, 2008 at 10:30 am.

I would also be willing to do a "Worthless Wood" or casting demo if time permits and enough were interested.

Please post in this thread if you plan to come so I have an idea of how many to plan for. I would also be willing to cook up a brisket if everyone would be willing to bring the "other stuff", if interested.

Also, I could be convinced to change the date if enough folks need me to. I am pretty easy but am the type that does not like to plan something way off in the future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Hi Curtis,
Wont be able to make it on the 1st. Have to be in San Antonio frying up some turkeys for my mom. If the date changes let me know any other weekend would be fine. Hopefully you could make a video.........

woody350ep

wont be there, I live to far away, but I would like to see it. Did I hear something about a webcam? Or, maybe it wasn't that, perhaps it was IAP video...............

vernon

would like to come, but will be in New Hampshire with daughter and grandson that day. maybe you will have another demo in the future.

mrburls

C A demo

Hi, I can make it on Nov. 1 I had to see if I could get off that day and it's a go. Looking forward to the demo and meeting fellow penturners. Can also bring something along. Keith

ElMostro

Ahh...I have an airshow at Lackland AFB that day on the sched (school assignment for my daughter) so can't make it. Oh well.
Euegne

TBone

wont be there, I live to far away, but I would like to see it. Did I hear something about a webcam? Or, maybe it wasn't that, perhaps it was IAP video...............

An IAP video sounds like an excellent idea for those of us who would love to attend but live halfway across the country. Curtis' skills with worthless wood amaze me and I can always use help with CA finish.

Texatdurango

Well, it's been over a week since the last post and only four days until the big day. Is everyone still planning on coming?

I'll be bringing a small assortment of blanks in case anyone is interested in doing some blank swapping. I'll have some iron wood, red and brown mallee, assorted hardwoods and some acrylics that have fallen from my favor.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

OldWrangler

I'll be in Austin with friends (yes, even I have friends!!). I'm gonna try to cut out on the Book Fair and come down. Might be a little late. Nothing was said about bringing them non-turning people.....spouses. I'm guessing it will be ok. I know the Snowman wouldn't come without Dotty so I guess my Kathy will be ok to bring. She cleans up pretty good and looks downright gorgeous next to me!

Try to see you Sat. Will bring pens and blanks.

George

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Spouses are certainly welcome. So is your dog, cat, bird, heck you can even bring a bum off the street if you feel like it! I am a hostile (oops hospitable) host!

Top Bottom