invasion of the desk sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

howdy
I'm still playing with making pen and pen holders from one 4x4x1/2 tile of corian.

The first one kiwi came out ok but I had a hard time cutting it cause it's so small 1/2 x 2" on the table saw. Lots of kickbacks and a lot of pieces went flying everywhere. I figured out how to cut them with a little jig on the miter saw. I'll modify it for the table saw should work ok, any way here's the results.

the original kiwi on left and new emerald pen holder
i think they look good

2005121821174_sm1.jpg

then i said what if i made it bigger and what if i added cards, out came the router.

20051218211842_sm2.jpg

The holder for the pen i think needs to be back further. Also notice i didnt cut sides at 45deg as original, left factory edge.

20051218211950_sm3.jpg

then i said what if

20051218212230_sm4.jpg

i think two pens look better than one in the bigger piece, also they look better down futher however..

20051218212343_sm5.jpg

20051218212437_sm6.jpg

yes thats daylight on the bottom

20051218213222_sm7.jpg

Moving the pens lower means the drill goes through.
I have a few choices here. Try to cut base bigger, try filling with epoxy, cover with felt. Im afriad i may not be able to cut the base bigger and still get the shaps i like. So filling and gluing felt on bottom my win.
So all in all i can get one pen and card holder from one piece of 4x4x1/2" corian. For the two pen set ill need 1 1/2 pieces. im making these so my customer can give them out as gifts to her customers, and of course to sell. Althoug i have no idea what i should sell these for, do you ?

do you think these are good enough to give her ? This is where im trying to get all the corian from, have to be nice to her.

which ones do you like better....comments and suggestions welcome.
pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasJohn

Pete - Those are really beautiful. I would take either or both of them [:)] A plaque on the front with a firms name and/or logo would really be neat (IMHO). I like the way you have shapped the bases. How did you do that? Texas John

pete00

john
thanks ! a plaque with her company name, nice idea, didnt thnk of that.

The bases, lets see after cutting out the pen blanks, i end up with a piece about
2x4x1/2". Then I cut the 1/2" thickness diagonally almost corner to corner. Well that didnt make any sense, tell ya what. If you want i'll make up an instruction sheet with pictures that show how i dit it and email it to you.
I've borrowed.....ahh been inspired by.....ahh had instructions on.... oh hell ive stolen enough ideas here, be glad to have someone steal mine. [:D][}:)]

tipusnr

The plague is a neat idea. You might want to get with one of the laser engravers here and see about an engraving filled with contrasting color as well. Don't know how the cost would break out but you would have a smooth surface that would be easier to dust!

pete00

bill
filled with contrasting color, that intertesting. I wonder.,

We can get templates for routers to make signs and letters, does anybody know if we can get the sam thing for a little drummel, or rotozip tool ? Something to carve out letters ?
pete

pete00

thanks for the comments.

question, what do you think a good retail price would be.

also ive had a few emails wanting to know if i would send them the instructions, mabey it would be eaiser if i posted them here, is that ok or post them someplace else?
pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom