Introducing Myself

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyBear

Hi All

I am a new member and I am based beside loch lomond in Scotland. I have recently taken up woodturning(about two years ago) and I am slowly moving more into penturning. I have been browsing the site for a short while and have already picked up a few very welcome tips.

These pens are from my first attempt at pen making some months ago. the were originally finished with friction polish. However they have been in daily use and are were starting to look grubby.

I stripped the top one down and tried a CA finish for the first time. The bottom one goes back into the workshop tomorrow. They are both made from the same wood so they are a good contrast between the finishes.
1192491562_orig.JPG

I hope to learn more and turn out some better pens in the future

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

hello and a hearty welcome to you hugh from another hugh. we are a rare breed. you don't find very many hugh's in the world
your pens look great and enjoy the madness!

PenPal

Welcome to Hugh.For first pens they are great,if you question finishes you would be reading the answers for a week.There are are many forum members over your way touch base with them,nothing like a face to face meeting,to learn when shown.

Take care. Peter

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hiya Hugh, welcome from wet and windy Wales.

I'm glad to see so many new Brits joining these days. It can only make things better for all of us.[:D]

CrazyBear

Thanks for the welcome guys. As for the pens they are so so. I have better ones planned. so you will see more on here.I like the way the CA finish turned out considering that the CA was cheap stuff from poundland(5X 10oz bottles for £1)and nearly burned my fingers off through the paper towel LOL

I realy must learn to spend more money[:D][:D][:D][:D]

kent4Him

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />Welcome! Nice-looking pens. Nobody here has ever glued their fingers to a paper towel. That's interesting. [;)]

I haven't glue my fingers to a paper towel, but I have glued paper towel to my finger. I've also glued a pen blank or two to my finger as well.

drayman

hiay hugh, welcome to the slppery slope, and dont forget to keep on the good side of her indoors. from the best side of the pennines. regards colin.

Pompeyite

Hi Hugh, and welcome from the sunny south of the UK.[8D]
Wow another British Isles member, we are making our presence felt at last.[}:)]
Keep up the good work, you will get a loaaaaaaaaaad of good info here.[:D]
Happy turning Matey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom