International postage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jamesbil

Possibly not the right place to post this, but here goes..

I live in the west of Ireland, so supplies are generally purchased online.
My problem is the price of postage. Quite often the nice $6 pen kits end up working out $10 or more with postage, even bulk buys.
Now i know I can ship a small package to the US for about €4 -5 ($7), however ordering from the US can vary in price from $17 to $34 depending on the shop.

Anyone know a way arround this? Or of shops offering at cost postage?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

I would suggest placing larger orders for kits - to help spread out the cost of shipping.

Have you participated in any of the group purchases on here? I know when I've run them that I will ship internationally. Some group buy coordinators will not.

magpens

Get a friend in the USA to buy the kits and supplies for you and ship them to you. Often this works out cheaper.

If you want to buy from penblanks.ca, or LeeValley.com in Canada, order, and have them shipped to my address, I could reship to you in Ireland. We would have to work out the cost for doing this but let me know what you think. You can look up the postage on the website CanadaPost.ca and use my postal code V3J 4X6 .... to get a good idea of cost. Might be worth a try.

OKLAHOMAN

James, I'm not sure but I think most of the smaller Vendors on the IAP might have a flat rate to ship overseas but will refund if they ship for less. I at least know of one:wink:

Carl Fisher

When I ship outside the US, it typically costs me $24 for flat rate shipping or $19 if it's just going up to Canada. That's for the priority flat rate small boxes.

I'd love to find a cheaper option that still doesn't take a month to get there.

OKLAHOMAN

Carl, I have found that international first class ships as fast as flat rate, the time it takes to get there depends entirely on the country shipped to and customs. I'm not sure that shipping anything to countries like South Africa, Italy and a few others it makes a bit of difference how fast it arrives you just hold your breath and hope it gets to your customer eventually.

its_virgil

I often ship international first class as Roy suggested. It is often cheaper than flat rate and just as fast.
Don

Carl, I have found that international first class ships as fast as flat rate, the time it takes to get there depends entirely on the country shipped to and customs. I'm not sure that shipping anything to countries like South Africa, Italy and a few others it makes a bit of difference how fast it arrives you just hold your breath and hope it gets to your customer eventually.

Top Bottom