Interesting observation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

A friend brought over a pen his wife bought at a craft show several years ago and wanted to know if I had or could find a refill. I said sure so he brought it over. The pen is an Apprentice Americana so you would think any refil made for a twist pen would work. Not true. I have only made sierra twist pens and upgraded the refill so I have several of the kit refills laying around. I tried them all and the tips were too wide. Out of 5 refills none worked. I had one Private reserve left so tried it. It barely worked so that is what I used. I took a loop to the tip of the pen and there is no sign of her dropping it. No damage at all.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

Aren't the Apprentice series a lower cost kit? Possibly less stringent tolerences on the manufacturing than the more expensive ones. Just a thought.

Sylvanite

Every now and again, a kit nib will have a constriction that prevents the refill from passing freely. You can fix the nib by reaming it with the proper size drill bit. A cross-style refill takes a #44 bit. A mini-cross-style refill (as used in the teacher's kit and credit card kit) takes a #41 bit. A parker-style refill (inculding gel refills) takes a #38 bit.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Top Bottom