Interesting Magazine Article-On The Internet 9/29

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

Penturning must be getting extremely popular. There are "THREE" articles concerning the subject in this month's issue. The first two are articles on building display boxes. Nice articles; but not what I want to talk about.

The third is about a guy by the name of Larry Beckwith in Illinois who has created a system to make wooden/plastic pens without any power tools. No kidding folks, this is for real. He has taken his system to an assisted living facility and works with residents who are afflicted with Alzheimer's. I'm totally blown away.....wonderful idea and terrific application. If you are impressed with the pens you make with all of your fancy power tools, you will be amazed at what these folks achieve with manual labor!! I know I was.

If you don't subscribe to Woodcraft magazine, you should head out to the magazine store ASAP.....this is one issue you don't want to miss!!

BTW, for those of you that do subscribe, there was a foul-up with the computer this month and the exp. date on some(maybe all) mailing labels is incorrect. They are aware of the problem and are fixing it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Randy,

I saw that article today too. As someone who witnessed his father-in-law go through this terrible disease, I find this amazing, heartwarming and mind boggling. I only hope that one day I can do nearly as good with my power tools.

Randy_

John: I don't have an easy way to email you the article; but maybe this will help you and any others who don't have handy access to a magazine store.

Go to the web site: www.woodcraftmagazine.com and select the "LOG IN" button. Go to the third option and enter the access code: ARTIST. That codeword should be good until the next issue of the magazine comes out according to the web site. I checked the web site yesterday and the new issue was not there yet. A message said it would be available on 9/29(tomorrow). I'm new to the WC website and not familiar with how it works so be patient for a couple of days if the article is not there right now.

Chuck Key

The Woodcraft flyer I received in the mail yesterday contains an ad for Woodcraft Magazine new subscription or renewal for $9.99. Says that is 72 percent off the cover price.

Chuckie

Jerryconn

I went to find the magazine at the local WC today, it was not in yet, but I signed up for the Mag at the $9.99 rate today.

TBone

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Randy, how about emailing me a copy of the article... I'm over 1500 miles to the closest Woodcraft Store... Have never seen it at Barnes & Nobel... Thanks.[:)]

John, if you still want a copy of the article let me know and I'll try to scan and email to you.

I just took a year subscription to try it out. Believe it or not - the subscription rate is the same for Canada. If the magazine has even 1 useful article per issue it's worth the $9.99.

Randy_

OK. I just checked in with the www.Woodcraftmagazine.com web site and the article is finally there!! Log in as detailed above and select "PEOPLE" in the menu to the left. Although the article is entitled THE <u>PENWRIGHTS</u> in the hard copy of the magazine, they call it "<u>From the Hands of Alzheimer’s</u>" on the web site. Be sure to click on the link to the "TOOL ILLUSTRATIONS" as there is some detail there that does not show up in the article text.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom