Interested in a CA Finish demo and get together in Central Texas??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have fortunately gotten pretty good at doing a CA finish due to trial and error and lots of luck and have come up with a pretty fool proof method. I would like to possibly host a CA finish demo at my shop in San Marcos one Saturday in the near future. Are there enough IAP members within range that would be interested in attending?

If you are interested, please post here and give me an idea for a good weekend. I am thinking within the next 4 or 5 weeks if possible.

I have plenty of room in my shop and would welcome anyone who would like to come.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

CA Finish Demo

Hi, Yes that would be something I would be very interested in learning. I like the finish look and hear it can take some time to master. I live in San Antonio, Tx. only about an hour away. I just need to know when and what time so I can try to get off from work. Keep me informed. Keith

Texatdurango

I wouldn't mind a little road trip especially if we could take a few minutes after the demo to see if some worthless wood I have is worth turning into blanks.

MobilMan

Darn nice offer, Curtis. Wish I could make the trip. Been having pretty good luck with the CA myself but like watching others. That 'youtube' idea would be nice if at all possible. There are a lot of members here that are looking for a more fool proof method.

pentex

Curtis, I live up here in Granbury and would consider driving down. Please let me know the schedule. Thanks. I am retired, so anytime is fine with me.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Curtis, I would like to invite you to do a demonstration at the New England chapter meeting this Sunday (Oct. 19th) in Springfield, MA. We would be willing to let you do the demonstration and I personally will even buy you lunch. How could you pass on a deal like that?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Robert,

You would have to go to someone else's shop to see the master. I am just a fellow penturner that has had some success with a CA finish.

jedgerton

You bet I will be there if its at all possible

Curtis,

I live in South Austin and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity! I have craft shows on the 18th and the 24th but I'm open on the weekend of Nov 1st. Would that possibly work for you?

Keep me informed, I need help on the CA front and I would sure like to meet you and some of the folks in this area!

John Edgerton

I have fortunately gotten pretty good at doing a CA finish due to trial and error and lots of luck and have come up with a pretty fool proof method. I would like to possibly host a CA finish demo at my shop in San Marcos one Saturday in the near future. Are there enough IAP members within range that would be interested in attending?

If you are interested, please post here and give me an idea for a good weekend. I am thinking within the next 4 or 5 weeks if possible.

I have plenty of room in my shop and would welcome anyone who would like to come.

Great idea Curtis, just wish I could get down to Texas for the meet... could combine your demo and a visit with my son over in Bastrop... only an hour or so away from you.

Top Bottom