Inlay Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsaibill

I have read about using thin CA for inlay. I tried and couldn't keep it in place while I put the glue on. I have had some luck with mixing the material (wood dust, glitter, etc.) with two part epoxy and making a paste. I glob this paste on fairly heavy and then when it dries I cut it down with a skew. Has anyone else used this method?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Boyd

I find that using a small of CA several times is better than all at once. Even better is if you can do the inlay while the blank is still un-turned. This is where I like epoxy. You can hold it in with masking tape[;)] I've had troubles with air bubbles with the 5 minute epoxy so I would recommend the longer setting kind.

rtparso

In a life long ago and far away I used to make chip inlay silver and turquoise jewelry. The trick we used to use was to use a tooth pick and role the tooth pick in acrylic and then role it in the stone then role it into the groves on the jewelry. The trick was in the way you twirl the tooth pick.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by rtparso
<br />In a life long ago and far away I used to make chip inlay silver and turquoise jewelry. The trick we used to use was to use a tooth pick and role the tooth pick in acrylic and then role it in the stone then role it into the groves on the jewelry. The trick was in the way you twirl the tooth pick.

In this life, were you an actor playing a role? [:D][}:)][:D][}:)]

Sorry, I just couldn't resist it. The Devil made me do it! [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom