Ink upgrades -- which ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

My favorite fountain pen ink is the Iroshizuku(by Pilot) that Indy~pen~dance used to sell, i was going to attach the link to their name and realized they no longer carry it on their site. However, with that said, you CAN get it from Amazon.com

My favorite nib upgrades are the Bock nibs that Roy over at ClassicNib sells. Between that ink and the Bock nib, my writing experience is like none I have ever had! Its like writing with silk in my opinion.

THarvey

And another question -- where to go for the fountain pen nib upgrades? Favorite vendors?

I recently bought a 14k nib for a customer's pen, from The Golden Nib. The price will make you really nervous changing the nib.

The pen belongs to the President of one of the Baptists Theological Seminaries. He is a self-described "Stylophile" and specifically requested the nib.

I like the Heritance nibs from Exotic Blanks.

ShallowJam

The best bang for your buck fountain pen ink is anything by Noodler's. Noodler's black is a very popular choice.

Another great brand is Diamine. I really love their inks.

I have some of the more expensive and premium inks such as Iroshizuku, Edelstein by Pelikan, and the premium inks by J Herbin, but they don't seem worth twice the price to me. That said, I think its worth picking up a bottle eventually to see if you like them.

I would avoid Private Reserve. I own several of their inks and have just never been happy.

Top Bottom