Ink refill question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bastallard

I ordered 10 slim kits, and the refills included will not work at all, I tried to get them to work every way I could think of, I know these refills are not top quality to begin with, and should be replaced with a good "quality" refill, so should I complain to the company that sold them or just let it go?

Thanks Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

I think you should call the company you bought them from. It's seem odd that ALL of the refills are defective but I would think the company would replace them for you. I have bought slims from many different online vendors and have never had that kind of problem. All of them that I have bought, 100+ worked.

reiddog1

Bob,

I once received an order of sierra pens and none of the ink sticks worked. I shot a quick email to the company and they sent out new refills for me.

thetalbott4

That sucks. I know we expect that if we pay for something, it should work, but we know that the included refills suck. Thats why a lot of people replace them immediately. I would still call and complain, but since I personally replace them with better ones anyway it would be for the sake thier information and a small credit to me. Now, if you planned on using them, then absolutely have them send new ones.

PenMan1

Take a magnifying glass and closely inspect the tips of the ballpoint refills. Dayacom and one of the Chinese slim importers have recently changed how they ship Cross type refills.

Until recently Dayacom shipped Cross types with black "plastic wax" over the tips as a protectant. The latest batch that I recieved have CLEAR protective "wax" tips that is INVISIBLE TO old tired eyes. Once you've located and removed the protective "tip", they write just fine. DAMHIKT!!!

Last edited:

SDB777

I would call them and tell them about the problem.

Shouldn't have to 'work' on the ink sticks to make them work....they should just work!

Scott

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would call them and tell them about the problem.

Shouldn't have to 'work' on the ink sticks to make them work....they should just work!

Scott

Actually, the nib protection is an advantage to the pen makers. For many years, the Cigar pens I bought had that. I had pens in inventory for years, travelling to a show every second weekend and, when the pen was sold, I could remove that protective covering from the nib and the pen wrote GREAT!!

Recently we have seen threads complaining about "old" refills in your new kits, and their inability to write. The nib "wax" seems to eliminate that problem.

Xander

Sometimes I'll pull an old pen that hasn't been used for awhile out of a drawer and it won't write. My 'fix' is to run the tip under hot water, then run it on the side of my shoe (rubber). This always gets rid of dried up ink and frees the ball. If you can't get them to write, let the vendor know. You might have a batch that's been sitting for a year or 3.

Last edited:

bastallard

I planned on replacing them anyway, just because I want my pens to be as good as I can make them. I did send the company an email but I haven't received an answer yet.

andrewleeheck

Bob: Just a thought...do you store your kits in a cold shop or garage? I've had problems getting the ink to flow well after the stick has been cold. This is easily rectified with a small flame to the ball point for a few seconds. While it's not installed in the pen of course. Flames ruin a perfectly good finish, or so I am told.

Andrew

Top Bottom