Ink filled pockets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

arehrlich

I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the caps staying on Jr. Gent and Baron pens.

I use a Jr. Gent FP and have, on two occassions found my shirt pocket matching the ink in the pen. [:I] Ancillary to this, my chest seemed to pick up a bit of color as well.

Today, my Baron RB experienced the same disengagement. I know that I screw the cap on fairly tightly, but looking down to a yellow shirt with a dark blue pocket, I can tell that the refill has been doing the decorating.

Perhaps the worst of the situation is that much ink is drained from the refills.

I am thinking about checking into the placement of an O-ring someplace inside the cap to help keep the body from unscrewing itself.

Any thoughts??? Anyone else run into the same problem? BTW - I'm glad that its me and not a customer.

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Sorry to hear that. Have not had that problem.....but then again, I allways carry my pen in a pen case for that reason. When I would carry a Gentleman pen in my pant pocket, I would notice sometimes it would work itself loose.

driften

I have had the problem with the Baron FP I normally carry.... I guess I need a pen case for it [:(]

BTW It has never leaked but a lot of times its cap is not screwed on when I go to get it.

mike_l

Originally posted by arehrlich
<br />
I am thinking about checking into the placement of an O-ring someplace inside the cap to help keep the body from unscrewing itself.

Any thoughts??? Anyone else run into the same problem? BTW - I'm glad that its me and not a customer.

Alan
Alan,
I have had the same problem with a baron RB and with one I gave to a friend. Ruined a shirt and a pair of pants in one evening. Anyone know how we might add a rubber O ring or something to tighten up the cap. I can make mine come unscrewed by shaking it a little.
By the way, I do have a baron FP that has never come undone and the cap seems much tighter than my Baron RB.
I know BB would exchange the pens if I asked him to, but I would like to come up with a fix.

Mike L

Chris Hare

I carry a Barron RB and have had the top come lose on it many times. It seems to be caused by vibrations/walking etc. when I carry it in my pants pocket the top comes loose faster than when it is in my shirt pocket.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I have experienced the loose thread symptom twice. A light coat of lacquer on the outside threads only (then allowed to cure) will tighten up the threads and eliminate this problem.

fritzmccorkle

"When I would carry a Gentleman pen in my pant pocket, I would notice sometimes it would work itself loose. "

you carry a gentleman pen in your pocket? you must work out.

fritz

arehrlich

Just to clarify. The pen itself doesn't leak. However, when the top comes off and the nib comes in contact with the shirt or pants... it does a fine job of wicking.

I might try the lacquer. It sounds like it should work. But I'd like to find a better fix. No doubt the lacquer will wear down after a while.

Alan

mike_l

I'll give the laquer a try also. I knew someone in this group would have the answer. [8D]

Thanks,

Mike L

woodscavenger

Been there and done that with an RB Baron and an FP but luckily I caught them before leaking. The Ligero FP I am now carrying doesn't have that problem. the last 1'4 turn is snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom