ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scott,

When we did shows, I replaced them when I sold them. So pens on display had the "stock" refill. But I sold the "writing experience" of the 9000. So, when you bought a pen you SAW me install a FRESH NEW refill--not one that had been on display and may be "half full".

I remarked that the refill sold, in some places, for $5, just for the reflll---but we INCLUDE them at no extra charge.

Try it, it works!

sgimbel

Ed, I have pens on display in a store 50 miles away. I think I should go ahead and change them. Get ready for my order. Would you change slims too? I know the answer I think.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My honest answer:
You can really tell the difference in Parker--the 9000 or 8900's actually WRITE differently, as do the gel refills, for those who like gel.

The Slimlines are NOT night and day difference, to me and others I have used for experimentation. BUT the refills are actually pretty cheap (about a buck). If you are selling in a jewelry store, price is not the major concern, so I guess I WOULD change them---just as a "value added" for the salesperson to talk about.

EricJS

Scott, I've heard these recommendations before. I started placing the Private Reserve 9000 & 8900 refills in my completed pens and I've actually had friends who bought my pens because they "love the way they write."

It really makes a difference.

mick

The 9000's have "sold" several pens for me. I've had a customer many time who was on the fence about purchasing a pen. I'd ask if I could show them a new refill I was really fond of. Insert the 9000 and let them write.....most of the time that decided it for them. It's well worth the upgrade when I buy my hardware!

Top Bottom