I'm new, need advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I want to turn a slimline pen but I want to turn the style where the top half of the pen overlaps the bottom half of the pen. I think the top blank is extended and the center band is left out but I haven't figured out the details yet. I don't know what this style pen is called so I haven't been able to do a search, any advice is much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Euro style pens are what you are thinking of. similar to this one. You can buy this kit or you can modify a slimline kit to give it a similar look.
celticknotandcandyapple005.jpg

rherrell

"You can modify a slimline pen to give it a similar look".

How do I do that?

All you have to do is make the top part large enough to fit OVER the bottom part and about 1/4" LONGER than the tube. After you turn it to the final diameter you need to put a recess in the bottom of the top part to fit over the top of the bottom part.:eek: That was a mouthful!

A collet chuck and a set of calipers will help ALOT!:biggrin::wink:

GColeman

Welcome to IAP Eric. I am Beaver Creek Woodworks over at Wood. The Russ Fairfield tutorial linked above is a good place to learn to modify slim pens. Be sure to check out the library too. It is amazing what some of the guys over here do to a stock pen kit.

Welcome again.

Welcome to IAP Eric. I am Beaver Creek Woodworks over at Wood. The Russ Fairfield tutorial linked above is a good place to learn to modify slim pens. Be sure to check out the library too. It is amazing what some of the guys over here do to a stock pen kit.

Welcome again.

Well Hello! Figured I'd run into some familiar folk!

Top Bottom