I'm looking for a blank with the Browns colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I have a friend who has asked if I can make a Cleveland Browns football pen for him and I can't find the blank I need for that. Their colors are orange, brown and white. I will make the football part from poly clay but the lower part needs to be "plastic". Anyone have any ideas?
I have believed for a long time that someone who is good at casting blanks could find a market with any and all team colors in cast blanks. I'm kind of surprised that that hasn't been done.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I would put a post in the "wanted" section also. There are numerous members who could make that blank for you.

Take a look at Wood-n-Whimsies newest inlay blanks. She just came out with a football player blank where you pick the color of the helmet, the jersey number the color of the jersey, and the skin color of the player! That might do the trick.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for all of the ideas. I know that Classic Nib has a line of blanks for several teams and they are really nice. My friend wants it made using the Ultra Cigar kit and CNs blanks are for the Sierra style. I will check out the other ideas as soon as I clean up a couple of other projects I'm involved in.
WB

SDB777

We could do orange/white/brown{even though the brown is more black-ish then brown-ish from looking at the jersey colors}....minimum order would be three blanks though.

Scott (when you need 'em) B

Magicbob

I was at Berea Hardwoods today, they just got some new blanks. One was brown and orange, Paul even commented that it was Browns colors.
Give them a call

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry that I didn't up date the post. I found a source that made the blank fo the pen, not sure he wants his name mentioned, and it worked perfectly. The photos are not the best but here's what it looks like. The colors are really true in the pic but until I setup the light box etc it will have to do. Thanks for all the input, the system worked.
WB

Attachments

• Browns pen 1.jpg
    Browns pen 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 130

Abby

At the risk of being off base, how about canary wood for the base? It has all the colors you are looking for and with the proper top blank could be quite stunning!

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The IAP member who supplied the blanks for the Browns pen is Bob Dupras, aka BSea. Is is a great guy to get to know if you think you want to have a custom color blank made. Price was good delivery was very fast and it was exactly what he said he would do. I do a little casting but it would have taken me several attempts at this before I got something usable, Bob did it on the first try. Put him in your Rolodex......what? Do they even make those any more?
WB

avbill

Several blanks that have been great ares:

Look at Eds site
madrePearlate : Carmello a lite carmel brown color
Berea's AA (Acrylic Acetate) resin blanks: AA-Y Liquid gold & AA-D Firee red browns
Anny woods
marbled brown Ebonite
Any brown tones from Brook.
Mexicaan Agate - a gemstone..

Look at Roys site

Mocha Italian resin

In my last show i sold 2 brown tones to any other blank color. Blue is still number one in my sales.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom