I'm Dumb as a Rock... LOL...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK, I am now officially notifying you that I am dumb as a rock...
I have the Berea Cap Gauge.. a wonderful little time saving tool if you make Perfect Fit Convertables and DT Euros, etc...
It has 3 sections to help you gauge the exact length the wood needs to be when you trim for the center rings...
The only problem is that the markings are just A, B & C and dumba** here has forgotten which one is for the Perfect Fit and for the DT Euro... I have not needed to turn any since my Christmas shows.. and now it is time to get some work done because the garage can be warmed up...
BTW, on another matter.. did anyone know that Berea is either not open or does not answer the phones on Saturdays... how can you do business like that...
HELP... I can measure the size I need but the gauge is so much faster... LOL..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatLawson

>The only problem is that the markings are just A, B & C and dumba** here has forgotten which one is for the Perfect Fit and for the DT Euro...<

Tom, Here are the pens for cap guage markings:
A = Flat top American pen and pencil.
B = Round top European pen and pencil.
C = Flattop screw cap rollerball and fountain pens and the Perfect Fit Convertible pen.

I don't know how I've been so lucky not to lose the paper for mine over the years. I think I will engrave initials of the pens on the guage.
Pat

Laguna Beach, CA USA
http://members.cox.net/pensbypatricia
Penmakers Guild album
http://tinyurl.com/5dtvm

tipusnr

I just received the new Berea Hardwoods catalog and the order form in it says that orders can be called in to 216-898-8956 M-F 8 AM to 5 PM and Sat 9 AM to Noon (Eastern). I've never called them so can't verify this personally. The catalog also lists these as their shop hours!!

Hopefully their not answering the phone was a fluke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom