If you could only make one pen type...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

I like the streamline, honestly....it's a classy version of the lowly slimline. Two barrels, so it's not as boring as making a Sierra, and no fiddly parts, so it's an easy assembly and trouble-free sell...

Exactly what I was going to say. It's a great comprimise of several things. It's big enough for men but not too big for women. It shows off most material well, comes in every plating possible (I prefer Rhodium or Chrome) and cheap enough that you can sell it for a relatively low price and still make a return.

ldb2000

If I HAD to choose one type of kit , it would have to be the Cigar pen . It is the most versatile pen kit , and is the kit I use the most . Cigar pens have a nice size and weight , and are highly modifiable . I make regular center twist with and without the center band , Longwood style , one piece finial twist , Button click and cap click versions , plus I use cigar transmissions to make my kitless Telesto style pens .

alphageek

Former Moderator
I would have to say Jr Gent if I had to pick one...

However, I have been on a streamline kick recently. I know the big selling guys hate slims, but I still like a small low cost pen some times. I agree the streamline is the nicest of the slims I've seen to date.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I like that too

I like the Streamline. I Also like the comfort - sans the rubber grip it is also essentially a slimline with a larger middle.

Actually the Euro/designer is just a 'dolled' up slimline as well and the new no tenon designer even more so.

Last edited:

woodgraver

I like Sierras...maybe it is just that there is a single barrel and thus less work, but there are so many options with the inlay kits and materials go further. They seem to be comfortable for both women and men too.

I like two pens. I really like slim lines and cigars because of their versatility. Both allow creativity as far as one's imagination will take them.

I have only turned slimlines, a sierra and a cigar...

I have a Majestic Jr in my cart at PSI for a turquoise blank for my mom - she lives in AZ and said turquoise was her favorite color.

I am also pondering a cigar pencil for myself...matching the AK one I turned already.

I do see some trends here, thanks for all of your input.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
MY FAVORITE

I like this one.

Attachments

• a creekline sample.jpg
    a creekline sample.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 118

hilltopper46

If I had to choose one, it would have to be the cigar style. It's large enough to show grain or swirl, has a nice thickness of the barrel material, and it truly is a well balanced pen that writes nicely.

Number 2 would be the Perfect Fit and third would be the slimline in its many variations.

JohnU

I mostly make Diplomat/Sierras but I really like the jr gent and usually make that when I'm giving a gift or donation, so I'd go with Jr Gent.

sbwertz

I love the slims and comfort pens, and am ordering some of Smitty's new creekline version of a streamline. I like the versitility. I rarely use a grip on the comfort pens, so I think I will like the creeklines. (The grips are my OOPS solutions for a blowout! I have a bin full of them and they can go on a slim or streamline as well as a comfort.

jlord

If it is for yourself then make a few different types. You can change to match the occasion. I have about 5 personal pens I interchange with depending on how dressed up I get.

Rick_G

Probably the slim because it can be modified so easily. Second reason is most of mine get sent to service members and I can send 3 ti gold slims for the price of one of anything else. I stay away from the cheaper platings that wear quickly. If not the slim then next choice would be the cigar because again it lends itself to modification.

Top Bottom