Ideas for these Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paulkane1

I got a lot of these Pens(image below). I would like to be able to use the fittings,and make my own casings,I do not know the name of these Pens,I would like some ideas, how to make the Top Casing,and use the fittings ,to make my own Pen,rather than let so many pens go to waste.

Kindly Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 297

JohnU

I don't know what you have but I have played around with this idea a couple times in the past. The trick is finding a tube that fits over the lower transmission that will properly work the pen function. It may be possible to use part of the upper pen but its my experience that they don't use metal so they often break. Give it a try and keep us posted. Good Luck!

paulkane1

I don't know what you have but I have played around with this idea a couple times in the past. The trick is finding a tube that fits over the lower transmission that will properly work the pen function. It may be possible to use part of the upper pen but its my experience that they don't use metal so they often break. Give it a try and keep us posted. Good Luck!

Thanks,I'll just work away at it,and see what happenes,I'll keep you posted,one way or the other.

Paul

Brooks803

I did something like this a couple years ago. I had a favorite pen that I used in high school so when I got into pen turning I dug it out and thought of how to make it into something new and cool.

You just have to figure out what to keep and what to take off and rebuild. On mine all I really kept was the nib and coupler along with the cap insert since it was a snap cap.

I don't have a pic of the pen as it was before I made something from it but here's the finished pen:

I even made the front page with it! :biggrin:

Top Bottom