Ideas for pen blank scraps?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wcoyote

Anyone have any ideas about what I could do with the 1 inch or so scraps I have left over from turning a pen? Can I glue them together? With what? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Anyone have any ideas about what I could do with the 1 inch or so scraps I have left over from turning a pen? Can I glue them together? With what? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Yep glue them together. Make sure they are smooth first (might need to sand to 120 or so). Use titebond or Med CA (thick will work too). Also, you can cut different angles to get a neat effect.

ldb2000

I have several boxes with all different sizes and shapes and colors . No , not the boxes , they are all brown and square , the cutoff pieces in the boxes .

Last edited:

JAB1

Last week, I took them and cut them about 1/4 " thick. I used my Texas woods...ie...mesquite, pecan, madrone, escarpement black cherry. Used Monty's epoxy and clamped them....made a gorgeous pen......

Moral of story....do not throw them away...make a segmented pen....Allan

fyrcaptn

pen 'scraps'

in the pith (pen in the hat) swap that was recently done, I got a beautiful pen and extra blank made from small pieces that were segmented and glues into a herringbone pattern.
I'm not much on computing but in the pith thread there were pics.

Top Bottom