Ideas for ministry, Custom pen input needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tt1106

Ok guys, I am going into a prison with 34 other people to participate in 72 hours of Christian ministry. I am looking for a way to customize turned pens as a special gift to the team members.
I was thinking of a couple of things. First is expense, this is out of the pocket, so it will have to be slimline kits.

This is what I was thinking......and I don't even know if it is possible, so educate me if it's not.....

Stamped custom pen clips......
Stamped pen barrel (kind of the punch type stamp is what I mean)
Decaled, yet I've never done it and don't know how to do it.

I can turn. My finishing is pretty snappy. Thanks to all your guys help, my CA finish on the last two pens was like glass.

And, I want this to be personal. So I have to do it myself. (other than the custom clips, I'm willing to eat the cost of those, if their out there, since I'll still need to turn and finish the pens on my own)

I appreciate the feedback, expertise and knowledge.

-Todd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

If you want the most cost effective, I think the decals would be best. Print a few extras and practice a couple of times before you do the real thing.

EricJS

3 words;
Bethlehem Olive Wood

I agree that Olive would be a wonderful choice. There is a great deal of Holy significance & symbolism connected to olive, thus making it a great "conversation starter" to those who want to share scriptures.

Decals are a great idea, too. Possibly more time consuming, but less expensive.

steeler fan1

Todd,

The BOW is an excellent suggestion, remember the COA. Most of the big vendors offer religious clips for reasonable amounts. PSI, CSUAS, Wood n Whimmzie, Bearra, etc.

You should find lots of choices.

Carl

ps Todd, I've got 10 slimline CB's with the year 2011 on them (came from PSI), I would be happy to donate. If interested send me a pm with your address and I put them in the mail. I'm not going to use them and they'll be obsolete in a few months.

Last edited:

G1Pens

If you decide to go the decal route, I will print the decals for you. I just need to know what you wnat and what size. I provided decals for several members here. I will do this for you at no charge because for the ministry.

Just let me know. You can PM me and I'll send you my email address.

I can also provide you with instructions. - It is really easy

tt1106

You guys are really amazing. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see this kind of mobilization. Really, I'm tremendously blessed.
LOL....I am enrolled in Seminary but didn't sign up for classes, because I felt led to do other ministries, instead of pursuing Seminary.
I can't tell you How wonderful this is. Thanks all.

tt1106

Hey Todd, ya might take a look here http://www.snowcrest.net/rbemis/gfly.html at a little witnessing tool/conversation starter that I make. Look way down at the bottom for a pic of a pen application.

May the Lord bless your ministry. Rocky...rockb

Thanks Rocky, He has many times before and we have been blessed to see some men come out and STAY out, giving back and witnessing to their brothers behind bars.
The Gospel fly is very interesting.

paintspill

i love the idea of a cross clip and the ones i've seen were not very expensive and also you may want to consider laser engraving. sounds pricey but when you consider the biggest cost is the set up fee i'm sure you can cut a deal with someone. once the set up is done its just a matter of replacing the pen and pushing a button. as long as they all have the same engraving.

pinelumber

RELIGIOUS PENS

I gave my priest a Bethlehem Olive wood set Cigar pen and pencil He loves it! You can get Bethlehem Olive wood blanks on E Bay for about $2.00 including shipping from Bethlehem or Jerusalem. They are better quality than Woodcraft or Rockler.

Dennis
Pinelumber:bananen_smilies104::RockOn:

clapiana

my dad runs a Christian automotive shop and his customers love buying bright acrylic slim pens with the fish and cross clips. pm me and i will be happy to send you some blanks and clips to get you going.

Grizz

Banned
Fish and cross clips would be a great way to go. BOW would really make it nice.

Top Bottom