An idea for casting...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monolith

Has anyone tried casting cardboard (corrugated box)?

I was thinking that the channels in a piece of cardboard would be able to act as channels for different colors... and the cardboard itself could be a wide variety of colors.

Pinecone and banksia pens seem to work on the same principle (small voids filled with color), although cardboard would be a lot more tedious to cast.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
It has been done. If you do a search, it might come up. It was a while back when I remember seeing it. Kind of resembled a wasp nest.

PenMan1

Has anyone tried casting cardboard (corrugated box)?

I was thinking that the channels in a piece of cardboard would be able to act as channels for different colors... and the cardboard itself could be a wide variety of colors.

Pinecone and banksia pens seem to work on the same principle (small voids filled with color), although cardboard would be a lot more tedious to cast.

Cardboard casts just fine. However, it looks kinda like a loofa and the loofa readily accepts colors much easier and makes a more interesting pen.

wood-of-1kind

I've done a number of 'honeycomb' corrugated blanks cast with Silmar41. To add inerest I mixed in some coloured enamel paint to the mix. Overall results were OK but not overwhelming. Give it a try.

wood-of-1kind

Here are some 'corrugated' cast pens.

Attachments

• P1010001-10.jpg
    P1010001-10.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 179
  • P1010003-18.jpg
    P1010003-18.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom