ID Card of sorts...?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I saw here a couple of months back a member who had a card of sorts that they included in their pen sales....had some info. on the wood, finish, date etc.....If anyone knows what I am talking about, do you remember who it was....I would like to take a look at that post again. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wicook

I have a card with info on caring for the pen on the reverse with lines for the refill type and the wood species. If you're interested in seeing it, PM me and I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks ... I'm on the road and all my image files are at home.

Rmartin

I've seen several cards that people add to their pens posted here. I buy Avery business cards which print on a standard printer. Then I use a "Brother" label maker to add details on the back side of the card. Here's an example:

2007923143852_Sample1.jpg
<br />

2007923143927_Sample2.jpg
<br />

broitblat

Originally posted by Rmartin
<br />I've seen several cards that people add to their pens posted here. I buy Avery business cards which print on a standard printer. Then I use a "Brother" label maker to add details on the back side of the card. Here's an example:

Richard,

Which model of label maker do you use to print the back of the cards? I only looked briefly, but the only ones I've seen require roll paper/label, and of course, you have to print a whole sheet when you start with the business cards.

Thanks.

-Barry

Milpaul

I think it's a good idea to put pen care tips on the back of your business card. It hopefully gives added incentive to hang on to your card!

Rmartin

Barry,

I bought the Brother model "p-touch QL-500". You can find it online, but I bought mine from Office Depot for around $90.00 dollars. I use DK-1208, which are just slightly longer than the card stock, but trimming isn't a problem. I'll probably order a different size when I run out of this roll. They are great for mailing labels as well. It comes with the software, plus there is no ink to buy.

Having to print a whole sheet of labels with Avery is why I got the Brother. I now only use Avery to make business cards and detail cards. Making one sheet of ten at a time is no problem.

Rmartin

broitblat

Ah, got it, thanks. For some reason I was imagining you were actually feeding the cards through the label printer rather than putting a label on the back of the card...

Cheers,

-Barry

DaveM

I use a folded over tag, probably a bit too big, but it works. On the inside is an instruction on how to change the refill, and on the front is my business logo. On the back is the type of pen, wood type, and serial number. I print these on cover stock, just a bit thinner than card stock, but heavier than regular paper. I just print them off a page at a time, and flip the paper over to print the other side. I have a file for each type of pen I make in both wood and acrylic. I cut them out with some "Ragged Edge" type shears, and try to give them a folksy look. I fold them over, punch a hole in the corner, and tie them to the drawstring of the pouch, or attach the string to the pen. I made one for the first pen I donated, and everybody after that started asking for them. Now, I find that they are a big selling point for me. Now, I am starting to include them with my calls, and bobbins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom