IAP Non-Rendezvous Contest and Celebration!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Announcing the Great IAP Non-Rendezvous contests and celebration!

Sponsored by Beartooth Woods

Not all of us can travel to Provo Utah for the 5th Annual Penturner’s Rendezvous, to be held this week, Wednesday, June 20th at 7:00pm at the Hampton Inn. The Rendezvous is a great time, and I’m sure it is where we would all like to be, but for most of us it is just not possible.

But now, thanks to the IAP and Beartooth Woods, we don’t need to mope around in silence, wishing we were there! On Wednesday, June 20th, we will be holding two major contests for our own Non-Rendezvous! No longer do the attendees in Provo get all the goodies as Ernie has donated two $50 gift certificates, and ten $20 gift certificates as prizes for these contests! Let’s call ourselves Non-Attendees!

I asked around for suggestions a couple of weeks ago, and decided on two contests. Get your custom-turned pens and pencils ready to take notes, and I’ll let you know how to enter, and yes even win, these contests!

The Dear Santa Contest. For this contest you need to write a letter to Santa from a Penturner (you!), asking for whatever you want, thanking the Big-Guy for past considerations, or whatever you can contrive in your devilish little hearts to say to the Bearded-One! Please keep your entries to 100 words or less, and remember to keep them family-friendly (no profanity, etc.). The morning of June 20th I will create a Topic under the “Penturning†forum called “Dear Santaâ€. Post your entries under this topic. You may introduce, explain, preface, beg forgiveness or otherwise comment upon your entry while posting it, but if you do, please carefully make sure the judges can identify which is your entry, and which is your prevaricating! At 5:00 pm Mountain Time I will close the contest, and will announce the winners at 7:00 pm when we would be at the Rendezvous, if we were in Provo! Please note, this contest is for fun, and you should make some good fun out of it! To that end, comments from other individuals as to the excellence, or whatever, of the various entries may also be posted under this topic. Remember, have fun!

The Pen and Penturner Contest. This is a matching game between certain pens and their makers. I have chosen pictures of ten pens that have appeared in the “Show Off Your Pens!†forum over the past month. I will post these pictures in a Topic named “Pen and Penturner Contest†under the “Show Off Your Pens!†at 12:00 Noon, Mountain Time on June 20th. The pictures will be numbered 1 through 10. I will also list the screen-name of the penturners who turned those pens, not in the proper order, and they will be marked with letters of the alphabet, “a†through “jâ€. To enter the contest you will need to send an E-Mail to an address that will be announced at that time. Please put “Pen and Penturner†in the subject line (I will filter out all E-Mails that do not have that designation). In the body of the E-Mail list who the entry is from (your screen-name), and your guess at matching the pens to the penturners. It may look as simple as this: 1-a, 2-b, 3-c, etc. This contest requires speed, accuracy, a good memory, and some luck. The top prize will go to the first person who enters the correct match of pens to penturners, which will be determined by the time-stamp on the E-Mail on my end. The five $20 prizes will be randomly awarded to those who enter the correct matches. I will stop accepting entries at 5:00 pm, and will announce the winner no later than 9:00 pm on June 20th.

Whew! Writing rules for contests is such a long-winded endeavor! So there you have it! Start writing that special letter to Santa, and start re-reading those posts on the Show Off Your Pens forum! To sweeten the deal I may donate some prizes out of my own stash of primo blanks for a “Guess My Number†contest during the Non-Rendezvous, and I encourage other IAP members to donate some prizes and operate similar contests. If you do, please identify it by including “Non-Rendezvous†in the Topic title. This is all intended to be fun!

And last but not least, remember to DONATE to the IAP! This can most easily be accomplished by hitting the Paypal Donate button that is located at the top of every page here at the IAP. But if all else fails you can drop Jeff an E-Mail for instructions on where to send the wire-transfer from your Swiss Bank Account.

Get ready to celebrate the IAP Non-Rendezvous!

Scott.

PS â€" Comments and questions here are welcome!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

No comments or questions? Wow! Maybe everybody is headed for Provo! [:D]

Really, I'm just posting to bump this topic back up to the top.

Scott.

its_virgil

I wish I were there and chauffeuring you around. Be sure to learn how Rich did those wooden clips...then report back to me.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />You can run ....but not hide [:D]
I'm in Provo and still found this [:)]

Dear Santa.......

Rmartin

That's a great idea!!!

(hey, a little sucking up never hurts right?)

or to quote Tom Hanks talking to the building inspector in "The Money Pit":

"Sucking up won't cut it?
What will?
Yes, I have cash"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom