I Wish I Would Have Purchase More of Those..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

I am relativity new to turning and found out this morning I used my last Jonathan Brooks' Hot-Hot-Hot pen blank. Now I am kicking myself I did no purchase more. Today I learned, if you like it but a dozen (or more).

What blanks do you wish you would have purchased more of?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

I bought a piece of crushed opal (decora?) from Woodcraft over 10 years ago. I turned a pen out of it, and fell in love. It was already too late, no more was to be found.

Just a few weeks ago, I re-discovered the piece in my stash. Made a nice pen out of it, and apparently this stuff is still impossible to acquire..

Attachments

• crushed opal.jpg
    crushed opal.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 285

crabcreekind

I am relativity new to turning and found out this morning I used my last Jonathan Brooks' Hot-Hot-Hot pen blank. Now I am kicking myself I did no purchase more. Today I learned, if you like it but a dozen (or more).

The good thing about Jonathan Brooks blanks is you can PM and order from him directly.

jttheclockman

The ones I make myself.:) I really prefer blanks that I make for myself and consider them as my premier blanks. Most blanks can be had through some means or another.

I would hope more people would feel this way. If you want a particular blank don't kick yourself just ask for it and someone will probably be able to give you a lead.

Crushed velvet. Had a chance to get some a lot of the original crushed velvet when I started out. I only picked up a couple of pieces. If I'd known better, I'd have gotten every one they had.

BSea

Several years ago a member sold off some large blocks of Amboyna Burl. I'd say AA and better. I bought a piece 7.5 X 7.5 x 1.75 for about $60. I wish I'd bought more.

Martin G

I love that stuff! I also have one last little piece. They did call it Decora though it turns like Cebloplast. Wish I could get some more.

I bought a piece of crushed opal (decora?) from Woodcraft over 10 years ago. I turned a pen out of it, and fell in love. It was already too late, no more was to be found.

Just a few weeks ago, I re-discovered the piece in my stash. Made a nice pen out of it, and apparently this stuff is still impossible to acquire..

ttpenman

A few years ago someone marketed Bowling Ball blanks. I bought a few and really liked them. Then the supply disappeared. I know a few brave souls cut some out of old balls but not something I would like to try.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Top Bottom