I think I got it bad.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BrentK

My lathe wont be here until thursday. I already have over sixty pen kits of different varieties and four bottle stopper kits. Not sure how many blanks I get shipments everyday. I had to tell myself no more orders for the time being. I just cant help it I visit a site and order something new. Cant wait to start turning. Thanks to all of you I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do. Only time will tell. Definately have enough to practice on lol.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

negid

Sounds like a good start :D

My only advice would be to turn quite a few of your 'cheaper' kits and woods before moving to the more exotics.

aurrida

i guess we can all relate to your excitement, i certainly can. exciting times have fun, you'll be very busy. keep us posted

jwoodwright

So Brent, How many are "tubed" and ready to turn?

Have you sharpened your tools? The factory edge is ok, however, it is not really sharp. They are rough ground. A finer grind makes for a sharper tool. Tools can never be too sharp.

BrentK

John none are tubed being that I plan on using my lathe to drill them out. I am waiting on my Crown Pro-Pm turning tools. That I have paid to have sharpened from the vendor. But as soon as the lathe gets here I will give it a go and Whayne I have thirty slim line kits that I will give a go at first. Thanks for the replys. Keep them comming.

Top Bottom