I started

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
With
one hex blank of maple and added 120 pieces of bloodwood.
I had not finished adding the inlays when I took the picture.
I got this far before I cut a knuckle.(CA bandaid worked the best)
200552112464_redwhitespiral%20001.jpg

I continued to add pieces and then cut to length glue up and mill for turning.
This is not one I think I will bother to finish.
Kerf and inlays .059 cut on a standard tablesaw with 7&1/4" blade and dedicated sled.
20055211346_redwhitespiral.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Amazing detail and obvious creativity. "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" (Robbert Browning 1812-1889)

Bob A

Man Eagle, all that work and you aint gonna finish it? Well at least, so the cut on your knuckle won't be in vain, make some center bands from it.[:)]

I figure you're working on a second attempt right now so looking forward to seeing it.

hobby_dale

eagle, cool idea and I like the affect. Keep on thinking and we'll keep on learning. Looks like a lot of work, that I am sure would be appeciated if you finished the pen. I find that people don't have the concept of what goes into making a pen, as they are just used to the cheap ones they see in the stores, made in *(&*@. Once they see one being made, or learn what it takes, they have a greater appreciate for the pen, work and us.

Thanks for trying something new and getting your red badge of courage in the process!

Dale.

Fleabit

Hey eagle...the idea you are shooting for is a neat one! Hope your next attempt meets your satisfaction for I would love to see the finished product. Keep on thinking outside the box because I love seeing what you come up with next!!

M

Mudder

That is one heck of an idea.

Keep those creative juices flowing.
You are one very talented individual.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Thanks for the accolades and the confidence, but the concept for the idea came I believe from
RPM>
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by RPM
<br />You definately have more patience than I do. Keep going and you will find what you are looking for.
Richard
In a way that sounds "ominous"[:(]
Not really "looking" for anything, I am just amazed at times what I "find"

RPM

Don't mean to sound "ominous", just responding to your comment about not planning to finish it. I figured that you were not happy with the results, although I think its pretty neat.
Richard

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by MDWine
<br />Even if you don't use it in a pen, turn it and put some finish on it, just for fun! I'll bet many would like to see it! I would![;)]

I bet you like to slow down at traffic accidents to see if there are any decapitated bodies too![:D]

M

Mudder

Hey Eagle,

Now that your giving up your secrets, I sure would like to see a tutor on how you made that denim pen. Or maybe just another close up picture of the pen would be nice. I have some ideas that you inspired but I just can't get the CA finish to work for me. [V]
I won't quit though, my goal is to become as good as you are. I may never be as creative but with repetition I can become as good [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I sent you a little message just now, but I thought I would reply to you here also.
After I made the denim pen I didn't have any requests how I did it.
A little while later, this appeared.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3866&SearchTerms=Denim,pens
Tom decided to make one.
His meathod was different than mine in that he used full pieces of fabric and I used strips.
the end result was excellent!
I am having computer problems right now and posting another picture would be difficult at this time.(also I don't have any denim pens made right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom