I sold 3 pens today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

paleydp

Had my first official (as in cash/checks in hand) sales today. A purpleheart modified slimline, a zebrawood slimline, and one of my plywood modified slimlines (3 different people at one location). And one of the ladies asked me to come back next week so she can get another one.
I like this!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Congratulations,

I, personally, liked the plywood idea but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I never would have thought of it if I hadn't seen yours.

paleydp

Thanks Tip,
The plywood always stumps people when they're trying to figure out the wood. Turning plywood has been good practice for me for keeping tools sharp and using a light touch - it tends to blow.

Rudy Vey

Interesting pen, the plywood one. What plywood did you use. The one I have here is just not to be used for pens, too coars and many voids.. Thinking of getting some high quality birchply from Woodcraft.

Rudy

paleydp

We bought some furniture grade birch 3/4" ply at Home Depot for some projects around the house and I've been using the leftovers. It's good quality with almost no voids, the main reason I thought I'd try it. I had tried with cheap stuff once and blew up every piece I tried.

tipusnr

Went last night to the house of a friend of my wife's to service the pendant pen I call L'il Pudge. The refill had run out prematurely and the one I sent to replace it she said didn't fit. That didn't make sense to me so I went to visit the pen.

Long story short. I got there to find out that you can seat the refills into the screw tops at different depths and I had, indeed, done just that. So while I sat a made up a new refill she saw my pen case and purchased the other pendant pen I had with me as well. Not a bad deal!!

By the way, I find that the friction fit for the pendant refills doesn't stay well and the refill drops out the end of the pen as you walk around. What I do to fix this is fit the screw top and the refill together and then use a needle point punch to indent where they meet thus locking them together without taking anything out of round. It takes some patience though as the assembly likes to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom