I saw a pen and want the kit....help...pic added

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

One of my friends showed me a pen. It was turned on a lathe. It was a little bigger than a european but was a simple twist design. The nib was a very small brass fitting only about 2-3mm long. There was no CB. The clip was black with a small serpentine "S" curve that ended with a small C shaped tip that had a small...very small custom turned piece of wood inserted in the "C" shape. It was very simple and elegant. Does anybody know of such a kit? I will try to get a picture of sketch of the pen.

By the way the finial is also wood. The clip is metal, flat black paint or powder coating.
pen-kit.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Your picture makes me think it's a modified Gemini. Check this out and see if the resemblance is there. http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PKGEMPEN&Category_Code=GEMP

Randy_

Lou: My first thought was a "GEMINI" too; but too many details don't mesh??? GEMINI has a very large nib. Finial is totally different from sketch. The pictured "twist" mechanism doesn't seem to match up very well with the GEMINI mechanism?? And finally, the wooden insert on the clip doesn't match the GEMINI clip.

I'm thinking this pen might be a commercially produced unit from a factory in the far East rather than a hand crafted kit pen from a local craftsman??? The tiny nib reminds me of some commercial pens that I have seen.

For Shane....Do you know what sort of refill the pen took?? The GEMINI takes a Parker refill.....bet the pen you saw took a cross type refill???

dougle40

A modified Gemini was my first thought too , but there's an awful lot of modifcations if it is . Looks like a Gemini clip with a Mont Blanc finial but I don't know about the tip ??
Just been looking over some of the other pics and the tip COULD come from a mini Mont Blanc kit ???

woodscavenger

He bought it several years ago in a tourist town in the NC mountains. The entire pen is wood except the small nib and clip. The finial is also wood. It did look hand crafted. The small wood section in the clip was took some fantastic skill to cut it that small. I will try and get a hold of it again and check out the mechanism and the refill.

The clip was flat black except for the wood inset. Keep trying guys. Thanks for trying to help.

woodwish

One of my students had a similar pen in class recently but it was bright colored plastic. Said they got it at Target they think. I wonder if someone bought a commecial mass-produced pen, ripped it a part, and made wood parts for it? I have thought about that myself but never have actually done it.

rtgleck

I was kinda thinking along the same lines as Woodwish. It would almost look like they took a mass produced pen (like a Bic or something) And a clip would be easty to come by and drill out. with a small enough bit. Maybe..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom