I need some really good Parker type refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I've spent some time looking at past posts and still don't have a source for quality Parker refills. I'm frustrated with the "kit pen refills" because they don't write with the first stroke when someone tries one out. If I ask a fair price for a one of a kind craftsman made pen it really is expected to write first time every time. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Many members are selling pens, based on the way their Private Reserve 9000 makes the pen write.

But I have said this dozens of times and, from time to time, I get a PM saying, "Gee, you were right" as if that's a surprise.

Try them, no one has returned one, yet. I have sold hundreds.

witz1976

Many members are selling pens, based on the way their Private Reserve 9000 makes the pen write.

But I have said this dozens of times and, from time to time, I get a PM saying, "Gee, you were right" as if that's a surprise.

Try them, no one has returned one, yet. I have sold hundreds.

+1 and you can pick them up at exoticblanks.com

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I replace all the parker refills with the Private reserve when I build a pen. I want the experience to be nothing but the best. I don't want the refill to be the one thing that fails after I put that much work into making a pen.
.Mike

OKLAHOMAN

I refused to make a ball point as part of my inventory until I tried the EZ9000, now I have made them a part of my sales pitch...you'll love them

RDH79

I just got home from a show. This was the first time I had Private Reserve ink from Exotics. What a difference. Actually this was the best show we have had in 3 years. I couldnt believe the difference . I will credit the ink refills from Exotics. And like others have posted You will not regret it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Using...

Thanks to all you for your kind comments.

I am currently using a 9000 in my personal pen and I like it...I've also had some friends try it and they also liked it. I think that, especially if I were selling high end kits, I might swap the kit provided refil for one of the 9000s.

KenV

The Schmidt 9000 and its various re-brands is great. My experience has been totaly positive on writing with them. Great refill.

I find the Fisher refills are also good, especially for the out-of-doors applications as they handle wet and cold better than anything else I have seen,

Anyone who has the habit of running pens through the washer and dryer might want to be sure to get the Fishers -- they do not leak in the laundry.

My wife remains fond of Pilot brand refills --

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A question to anyone -- Are you buying in bulk or carded? Black or Blue?

I just need something special to assist in closing my pen sales!

Last edited:

lign

How about the Private Reserve Cross type refills? I find the actual Cross brand to be pretty unimpressive. I make a lot more slimlines than click pens so if anyone can comment on the Private Reserve Cross refills I'd appreciate it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The refills for Cross are better than the ones provided with the kits, but it is not a "night and day" writing experience difference.

I was at a craft show (as a visitor) this weekend. Two pen sellers at the show--handed them my pen and asked them to write with it (Feathers on the outside, PR9000 on the inside). They BOTH said immediately, "Wow, that really is nice!!"

But the Cross will not get that reaction--compare side by side to the "kit" and it's better, but not "WOW" better.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Parker gel is what I sold BEFORE I experienced the 9000--it is not a BAD refill, but won't sell pens for you!

OKLAHOMAN

The Parker gel is what I sold BEFORE I experienced the 9000--it is not a BAD refill, but won't sell pens for you!

Not true. But I tried the 9000 refill sample, and I wasn't impressed. Just MHO. Maybe I got a bad one.

Travis, you must have gotten a bad one (even that is strange) because there is a world of difference to me and all my customers so far.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have several hundred pens, so I did not put 9000's in all my pens. I carried 4 packs of ten--black and blue--to the show. Had the demonstrator and enough to show the customer I was installing a BRAND NEW refill when they bought the pen.

Didn't have a GREAT day, but used about 20 refills--also sold some fountains with the PR velvet black cartridges.

To each his own and I found MY own----

You may be equally successful with the Parker gel--I was successful with it--but not like the 9000---obviously YMMV!!

penfancy

THe 9000's IMHO were too smooth. I need a little drag on the paper or my messy writting looks worse. I usually go for the Parker.7 gel. but decided to try the 8900 Schmidt gel. I post how/if I like them.

glycerine

The gels are great. I like the 9000 as well. It really depends on what the customer wants. They are just two different kinds of ink really.

soligen

The Gels write pretty well. People who try them like them, however they have one fatal flaw (at least for a male pen user). If you fail to retract the refil and put it in your shirt pocket, you are out a shirt (DAMHIKT).

This mornining I found that I did not retract my 9000 refil, but my shirt is fine.

glycerine

Well maybe I should give the 9000 another chance. Is it a gel fill, or a true BP? I also have to admit that I'm partial to gels overall, as are most people I know.

I believe it's more of a "dry out proof" rollerball. The gel and the 9000 definitly write differently, so it all depends on what the "user" prefers. I like the way the 9000 writes, but I prefer a gel refill in my ball points. If it's capped, then I'd rather have a true rollerball.

glycerine

The Gels write pretty well. People who try them like them, however they have one fatal flaw (at least for a male pen user). If you fail to retract the refil and put it in your shirt pocket, you are out a shirt (DAMHIKT).

This mornining I found that I did not retract my 9000 refil, but my shirt is fine.

Ha ha! That's what we call "user error", but I'm glad your shirt wasn't ruined. I actually had a fountain pen cap come off in my pocket one time, had a big blob of ink on my shirt... and miraculously it came right out with cold water! Don't know if it was the material my shirt was made of or the ink, but I was very surprised!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Some are impressed some aren't

Not true. But I tried the 9000 refill sample, and I wasn't impressed. Just MHO. Maybe I got a bad one.

Travis, you must have gotten a bad one (even that is strange) because there is a world of difference to me and all my customers so far.

Just had my wife try my PR9000 along side her PSI gel (which might be parker and might be a knock-off) and she liked the gel better...I much prefer the PR9000 in my own pen. I suppose it's like most things there is an element of taste involved. She specifically said the PR9000 felt like it was writing too fast.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Just had my wife try my PR9000 along side her PSI gel (which might be parker and might be a knock-off) and she liked the gel better...I much prefer the PR9000 in my own pen. I suppose it's like most things there is an element of taste involved. She specifically said the PR9000 felt like it was writing too fast.

Hey Smitty, just tell her she is a little SLOW!!!

Make sure the couch is comfortable, first.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom