I Need Some Help - Cigar Fix

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been turning Cigars for a long time. I have had a few go wrong that I can fix but today I had one delevop a gap I can not close. After careful measuring the top is short, by the amount of the gap...I think.
IMG_7963.jpg

Anyway, I do not know what to do...it'sa nice pen otherwise...
IMG_7964.jpg

Thoughts..

Advice??

:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

Find a suitable piece of acrylic and turn a band to fit the gap...something like a pearlized grey or smoke, maybe.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I had the same problem one time. Just added an extra gold ring that fits between the black insert and the blank (in your case, it's silver) from an extra kit..

fiferb

I had this problem once. I took the finial and clip off and filed down the tube that slides in with the finial/clip. It was keeping the transmission from sliding in further. When I trimmed down this tube there was no problem. I'm not sure why that tube has to be so long to start with.

Randy_

The upper tube is supposed to be 4.85 mm or 1.91". Is your upper tube short of that dimension?? That gap is more than one might expect from over trimming the blank. Do you suppose you got a defective/short tube from the manufacturer??

mrcook4570

Another thought - rob a black cb trim ring from a black chrome cigar kit to add to the cb so you have black - silver (chrome) - black for the cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom