I need a new pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

What is your favorite/best selling kit for women?

I have been selling the Jr.Gent2 to/for women, although I don't call it a Jr.Gent. The other day I presented a wonderful white with gold web trustone Jr.Gent to one of my regular customers. He had asked me to make a pen for his wife. I gave him a few to select from and he chose the Jr.Gent. While he was looking at it, one of the girls in his office held it, and the first thing she said was, "it's heavy".

sheesh!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Was the cap on it? I would have thought that the sierra is a better "womans" pen, especially the elegant ones... but my wife actually likes a Jr better - once she takes the cap off and actually writes with it.

Rmartin

Was the cap on it? I would have thought that the sierra is a better "womans" pen, especially the elegant ones... but my wife actually likes a Jr better - once she takes the cap off and actually writes with it.

Nope! The cap was off and it didn't have a big bulge design. Not B2B, but just a slight curve to please the eye.

Yeah, the Sierra is good option. But they have their problems, and I'd like something, I don't know, nicer.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Nope! The cap was off and it didn't have a big bulge design. Not B2B, but just a slight curve to please the eye.

Yeah, the Sierra is good option. But they have their problems, and I'd like something, I don't know, nicer.

Oh.. I get that! The berea elegent sierra is the closest I've found.. To many like slims. I'd love to find something really nice without being gaudy. Hopefully someone else will follow with a really good idea.

IPD_Mrs

white with gold web trustone Jr.Gent

Richard the first thing to me would be that it is trustone. The blank will be heavier than most blanks. One of my favorite "kits" to keep the size and quality up but the weight down is the Churchill. I did one with a black and white acrylic web that is surprisingly light. I think this kit comes with a Hauser refill which I don't care for. I can't remember for sure but I replace those with a 5888. If you want to do a wood, then a redwood burl is pretty light.

witz1976

I sold a number of the series 2000 flat tops to women, however after seeing how the nib end is made (thin plastic that can snap) I am thinking of moving away from them.

Mark

My wife's favorite pen is a Hart Twist I made her when we first started into the hobby.
Most women I let use my (carry) Cactus wrapped Cigar, don't like the weight. Most Men do. I sell a lot of Divas to women. Do they continue to use them? IDK. One I do know uses hers lot, is an Exec at a major insurance firm. She constantly tells me she uses it in all her board meetings and loves the compliments she gets..

For what it's worth... :rolleyes:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Sierra/Gatsby

I sold a Gatsby to a woman friend...blue, dyed box elder burl and she loves it. She has a touch of arthritis so she likes a little bigger than slimline but the weight was great. I used a PR9000 refill. She also liked Sierra but wanted the wood in the Gatsby.

Top Bottom