I need help with my first Wall Street 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

I got it assembled but am having a hard time with the ink refill. It will extend and get stuck in the nip. When I try to retract it, the pen unscrews. If I push the refill out with my hand the spring works fine (as long as I don't extend it to far)...There seems to be some type of burr on the refill. I can sand it down, but I don't want to tell the customer "When you buy a new refill you have to sand the burr first"...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've made several WSII and never had this problem. It sounds like you pushed the mechanism too far in. I would suggest to partially disassemble the pen and try to pull the mechanism out a bit.

Hope this helps.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Check the threaded coupling and take a fine file to the inside of it.

That is the point with the smallest inside diameter, so it almost has to be where it is hanging up.

Sometimes I find the transmission has too much lubricating oil in it. Work it about 20 times and see if that helps. It may not be a burr at all. I would also try another ink cartridge just to see if the one it came with has a lip that made it past quality control.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HAHA....I'm laughing so hard....three different sugestions, all possibilities, in the exact same minute.

Great minds don't ALWAYS think in the same direction!!!

And you are ABSOLUTELY correct!!

Change the transmission with another pen,
change the refill with another pen,
if the problem persists, my guess was correct this time.

If the problem goes away, one of the other two wins this round!!:mad::mad::mad:

Great guys and GREAT suggestions!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

navycop

My two cents worth, check the spring on the refill. sounds like it is stuck in the nib.

Ben

Alot of great ideas. When I get home from work I will try swapping out the nips and transmissions..Never considered the spring also..It does stay in the nip sometimes when I removed the refill.

The funny part on this one, to me at least, was the reference to quality control. China? Quality Control? LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!! Sarcasm Intended!! :)

Actually, judging by the amount of Asian made kits being sold and used only in the USA, and the very few instances of manufacturing defects, I would dare to say that there has to be some sort of GOOD QC in the factories... wherever they are.
Just my opinion.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
My two cents worth, check the spring on the refill. sounds like it is stuck in the nib.

Ben

Alot of great ideas. When I get home from work I will try swapping out the nips and transmissions..Never considered the spring also..It does stay in the nip sometimes when I removed the refill.

Yep.. sounds to me like the spring might be in backwards. They're small
so it's easy to overlook as our eyes grow ol ... ol .. er .. more mature.
The larger part of the spring goes inside the nib first. The smaller end
grips the refill.

If the smaller end gets put into the nib, it is small enough
to get jammed partway through the hole, acting like a brake.

Top Bottom