I need an engraver?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Hey all...

I have a local business that wants to buy & sell my pens (he doesn't like consignments so he wants to buy them outright and then re-sell them) and he also wants my "logo or name" on them..... I know, odd but thats what he wants..

I'm thinking of putting my company name on the clip... Will this work? Can it be done on most pens? I really don't want to put it on the barrel, I want the focus to be "the pen" not my company name ... It would be one name, 7 letters. And if YOU can do it, shoot me a price and examples if ya have any available...

I did see Kens site but it did not mention anything about engraving the clip...

Thanks for any info you can pass on..
Dave

GoodTurns

give ken a call, numbers on the site. if he can't do it, he'll know someone! MRCook (stan Cook) here on IAP also does beautiful work, he may be able to help as well.

Sylvanite

Engraving the clip presents some difficulties.

A typical laser engraver cannot engrave on metal. Most of us who do laser engraving don't have the capability. It would have to be mechanically engraved, or etched with a very high power laser. Laser marking, which is a chemical process, might work. That would require you to remove any protective clearcoat from the clip (without damaging the plating) before marking.

Any engraving would pierce the plating and expose the metal (brass or steel) below. Unless you clearcoated the clip afterwards, it would be subject to corrosion.

If the quantities are high enough, you might be able to get custom clips for less than the cost of individual engraving.

It's an interesting idea though. I may try playing with some leftover parts to see what I can manage.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom