I have the worst luck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Xander

Some of you may know the problems I've had with Rockler ... well today I drove 65 miles round trip to Woodcraft.
Just now I looked at what I got and would you believe the bushings are WRONG? I asked the sales guy which ones I needed as the are not listed on the kits and he looked it up and handed them to me. They are WRONG.
I just looked it up and the number is right but they do not fit. I'll be darned if I'm going all the way back to exchange them. :mad::mad::mad:

AND... I got 2 kits, $18.09 + tax and $20.19 + tax ...both made in Taiwan. These are the WORST kits I've had. Cheap plastic parts/threads, couplers...
The ones I got from Rockler (made in china) are FAR better quality for less money.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BassBlaster

So, which kits did you get? Woodcraft is a Berea reseller. 99% of my stuff comes from Berea. Other than missing a piece in a kit a couple weeks ago, I have never had a problem with their kits.

Also, buying your kits through Woodcraft, depending on the kit, you paid nearly twice the cost that Berea sells it for.

longbeard

Dido, i've never bought anything from rockler ( over priced ) and the only time i buy from woodcraft is when they are having a sale, and then most of the time, their sale price is most other places reg. price depending on what is. Just my .01 worth.

azamiryou

That's curious about the bushings. Do they almost fit? In other words, is it that they're out of spec, or that the wrong bushings were in the bag?

If it's close, you may be able to work with them by either sanding (if they are slightly too big) or wrapping with tape (if they are slightly too small).

You should call the Woodcraft. They may be able to send you the correct ones without you making the trip back. If something is either out-of-spec or mis-packaged, they probably want to know.

Xander

Before I went to woodcraft I spent the best part of 2 days looking at all the vendors online and not one had what I was looking for. No stock of the plating I need or just did not have that kit. I know I paid way too much but I needed a few kits, and I still didn't get what I wanted. As for the bushings ... I'll hang on to them, they may fit something in the futurte. Looks like the wrong label is on the bag. One end fits but the other is way off. I could call and ask if they could mail the correct ones but I need to make this kit today. I only use the bushings as a guide and use calipers to get the size.

As for quality...I know Woodcraft is a Berea reseller, and Berea is supposed to be better, that's why I drove all the way there.
ALL the threads are rough, and there is more plastic than in the 'same' kits I got from Rockler for less $$

nativewooder

Not meaning to aggravate, but that's one reason why I'm not in a hurry for my orders to get to me. They come from IAP vendors who give xcellent service. But that's also why I started turning between centers, because a lot of the bushings today are the wrong size, off-centered, etc. TBC may not be as quick for 2 barrelled pens, but there is a lot less aggravation!:tongue: Good Luck, Xander, in your pursuit of happiness!:biggrin:

curlyjoe

Not all stores goes through Berea. Some some will buy direct from others.
Check with the store you purchased from. If its a Berea kit why would they not
list it on their site?

Top Bottom