I have a slimline question! LOL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

OK, this might come as a shock to some, but I turned my first couple of slimlines this weekend. lol

My wife and sister both have statesman's that I gave them but neither are really being used as they are too big. My wife also has a jr. statesman "stars and stripes," and loves it, (history teacher) but will not use it, she says it's too nice, Oh well. Anyway they both received slimlines and I had a proper slimline etiquette question:

During assembly do you have the grain match for when the pen is twisted open or closed?

I figured closed, so that's what I did. I'm curious to know what everyone else does. Thanks for the comments!

Johnathan:D
[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I match it for closed as well, problem is the barrel can twist out of alignment while being opened or closed so it quickly becomes a none issue.

angboy

Open!!! I vote for open!!!!

OK, actually I go for closed too, but I was feeling sorry for open! So I thought I'd put in a vote for it. [:D][:D]

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
It won't make any difference if you make the pens fron cross-grain blanks.

Whichever way you match the grain, you will only be a 1/2 turn away from getting it right: and it will change the first time the cap is twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom