I have a question on an order...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

I have an order from a client who is pretty particular about what he wants. He is wanting a set for he and his wife. Pen for him and pencil for her. Both in a specific acrylic color and style (heads up Johnathon, I'll be calling you soon). Heres the problem; in the pic attached he likes the shape of the blue Euro on the right, but the band on the wood ones the left.
229085_163027760426193_145603295501973_426617_7900950_n.jpg

He also is pretty firm about wanting some sort of eraser that is replaceable.
The pen MUST have the ability to have a replaceable ink refill that is "safe". Meaning it can't be washed off checks.

To recap:
Pencil:
- Needs to be comfortable to hold/use for hours on end
- Needs to have .5 lead
- Eraser (replaceable)
Pen:
- Must match Pencil close enough to seem as a set
- Must take ink refills that prevent check fraud
- Prefered to have a CSUSA Euro (or close) band

Come on IAP Community help me out here! I need some help on this one. Suggestions on kits, suppliers that sell them and have multiple plating options.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

I could have swore I have seen a Cigar pencil and a Cigar with a rollerball refill right? I also thought I had seen a Jr. Gent II twist....maybe if it's a twist, there's a chance it comes in a pencil kit too??? I'm at the end of my option line here folks. I have never told a customer "I can't do that" and it hurts my soul to have to tell him that now.:confused:

seamus7227

here's the problem i see with the Euro's, CSUSA only carries the euro pencil in gold plating and it appears that you are leaning towards something better. I've never seen those in a better plating. On top of that it uses .7 and you need .5 Hmmm, Of all of the pen and pencil sets I've made, unfortunately, the one that has stood the test of time (daily use for the last 2 years) has been the nickel plated slim line pen and pencil from rockler. It is a Dayacom kit and that could have something to do with it too. but again, I think the pencil is .7 as well. Hmmm.......................I may get back with you on this one, need to go do some more research

seamus7227

could you go with the cigar click pens from penn state that are the new design? there is a click pen and pencil but the pencil lead in 2mm. that may be too big for your customer but those are fantastic kits. below is what the pen kit that i made looked like

MorganGrafixx

Are either of those options available/possible in a roller ball? The ink must be the "safe ink" that prevents check fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

azamiryou

Woodcraft's European Style pencil is .5mm. The CB isn't what you're looking for, but mix-and-match may be possible. Alas, the platings are very limited.

sbell111

Don't concentrate on the ink issue. Non-washable ink is readily available in both rollerball and parker formats.

I think that it's going to be the eraser issue that's gonna get you.

Top Bottom