I have a Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I have a friend that is wanting a fountain pen. I am not wanting to venture into them yet. How expensive are they and where can i get one. This is for my friend's daughter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

They are as inexpensive as $9.

You can get them at Woodcraft/Penn State Ind (PSI) or Craft Supplies USA (CSUSA)

They are not that bad.

There is a dedicated forum just for Fountain pens here also.

Hope that helps.

hewunch

Actually you can get them for $7.75 from woodturningz and $7.25 from CSUSA but if I was going to do one, I would get a Jr. Gent because the less expensive ones imho are not worth the $.

ldb2000

I agree , stay away from the cheapies , not that they are really bad but because for just a few dollars more you can get a much higher quality FP . "Baron" FP in chrome for $15 from AS or "Jr Gent" FP for $14 in Ti Gold from CSUSA . These kits use higher quality platings and overall better quality parts .

alphageek

Former Moderator
You can also get a complete setup from exoticblanks.com (members here!).. They have the Jr Gent, the have my favorite inks, upgraded nibs (VERY NICE add) from Lou, and a wide variety of blanks to add on. It might be easier to get the Jr Gent and ink from them then shipping from a variety of other places.

DurocShark

I have made the "Designer" fountain from PSI. Not bad, but considering the extra bits you have to buy that can't be used for anything else (custom step bits), it's not worth it. The Jr Gent will give you the best bang for the buck, and most folks think it looks better than the Designer. Including me.

Top Bottom