I have a new love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

I have a new love in life, angle cut Cocobolo. I had picked up a piece of Cocobolo the other day to resaw into blanks. The piece I picked up had a deep Chocolate color to it that I loved. I decided to angle cut half of it and am loving the wood. Hopefully I will get a better digital camera soon so my pictures get better.

200412173915_IM000069.jpg

200412174039_IM000071.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very nice pen Mike, I really like the look of the angle cut, great job. Cocobolo wood pens sell really well too. I think the name has something to do with it.[:)]

vick

jkirkb94,
I just got a 4/4 board from Woodcraft, I am betting it is cheaper than a block it it plenty big for pen blanks. I managed to find a 1 Board foot board ($13 a bf) and was able to get 24 blanks out of it.

wayneis

You did a really nice job and cocobolo is a favorite of mine too. If anyone wants some special cocobolo you should talk to Bill from Idaho (Ilikewood). He has the about the most colorfull that I've ever seen and his prices just can't be beat.

Wayne

Travlr7

Having cut turning blanks "Off Center" can bring out figure in very straight grained wood, I can agree with doing it. Honey locust is one of these. Cocobolo obviously does that as well.

Simply beautiful.[8D]

Bruce[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom