I got a new lathe from Fred Ritter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

Recently Fred Ritter posted his Jet 1442 for sale since he was moving from N. Carolina to Oklahoma. I told Fred that if he had to bring it I would buy it, since a drive from Clarksville, Arkansas to Okla was a lot better than one to N.C. Seems like Fred was driving and would pass within 3 miles of my house. So, Sunday morning he showed up with the lathe. He even helped me set it up and we had a 3 hour visit talking pen turning. We even shared a "southern Blonde" - for you non-southerners that is a pale ale from the Diamond Bear Brewery in Little Rock. We swapped a few blanks and the pen below is a piece of Osage Orange he left me and the first pen from my new lathe. Fred knows what I have been using for the past 25 years and going to the Jet 1442 was like going to a, well a jet.
Fred is a quality young man and we had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. I am proud to call him a new friend and we ought to all be proud of him as an Apache chopper pilot in Afghanistan. Now he is going on to the big helicopters.
Thanks for all the help fred.

20041123121330_osage.jpg

Fred in NC

Congratulations on you new lathe, Jim. Lots of nice people here, and Fred Ritter sure is one of them. Glad this worked out for both of you.

Ah, and a nice pen too!

dougle40

Congrats Jim . I echo Bev's sentiments about finding out more about the members here too . I think the thread about that has been great .
Thanks to whoever started it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom