I got my comeuppance this week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolland

I have not been making pens for too long but thought after making a few and having them turn out ok to pretty good got to thinking.:confused: I will make a coffee acrylic pen for my daugher-in-law boy did I get my butt kicked:frown:.
That is a very exacting material to work with the coffee beans will fly apart with the slightest aggressive move.
I did finally get it completed but used a lot of CA to put it back together, and now my shop smells like I left the coffee burner on all day. I will most likely make another one but will wait untill I have mastered turning a bit more.
I have been humbled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolland

I gave to my daughter in law it is not worthy of a photograph:mad: She was happy with it but not me. It was a learning experince for me

Rangertrek

Rolland, with coffee bean blanks, you need a sharp skew and light cuts. Stop frequently and check the blank, add CA glue as needed to fill voids in the beans and blank.

Still, ya gotta love that coffee smell after turning.:biggrin:

JMT

I left my first go at the coffee bean blank unfinished. Just polished it up....no CA or anything. People absolutely freaked because A) they couldn't believe the pen was made out of coffee beans and B) the beans still had their coffee smell for weeks after the pen was complete.

Give it another try!! It's a really unique blank and I can't think of another pen I've made that garnered more attention.

Top Bottom