I feel so dumb

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BlackPearl

I have seen a number of posts making reference to "posted Pens" or "posting" other than the pictures are in the gallery what does this mean?

I have done a search in the library for a glossary but I could not find that either, almost anything rather than appear dumb but I can not figure this one out.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Its when you take off the cap and "post" it on the other end or screw it on in our case but some pens like Parker friction fit rather than screw.

BlackPearl

Thank you.

That was bugging me, I never knew that process had a name.

The things I don't know, enough to make me humble.

LeeR

Thank you.

That was bugging me, I never knew that process had a name.

The things I don't know, enough to make me humble.

Hey, don't feel so bad. I wondered the same thing, and after perusing a copy of a pen catalog when I started turning pens, I discovered "postable" and "non-postable" pen kits.

Here is a page from Craft Supplies catalog that defines the terms for one of their rollerball pen kits:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s..._II_Rollerball_Pen_Kit___jr_gent2_roller?Args=

Last edited:

Woodlvr

Cliff we all started out not knowing a lot about pen making so do not worry about it. This is the best forum in the world and the combined knowledge of our members is astounding along with everyone's willingness to share that knowledge.

76winger

I had the same question for a long time until I finally noticed in that the "postable" pens had removable caps.

But not all removable caps are postable (full size Majestic being one). Some of the other BIG pens probably don't either, but I haven't studied that close yet.

Top Bottom