I.D. of Brass tube chart?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RosezPenZ

Sometime in the last 2-3 months, somewhere on the internet, I have seen a chart that list the inside dia. and/or drill bit size that would fit inside the brass tubes. I've tried our library but dont see it. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Yes, I could use the caliphers and measure and go look at one of the charts and go across and find the size...But why redo something that is already done?

Rose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

I also have this file that I found somewhere in the last couple of weeks. I just can't remember where. It's fantastic and a lot of work for whomever put it together.

OK, can't upload it. The file is too big and it doesn't like the pdf.

The author is 'smendlik'. The file list a large number of pen styles and when you click on the pen you go to a page that has diagrams of the bushings together with the exact size marked.

If you are interested send me your email address and I will send it off in the morning.

Randy_

Here is a link to the file that Ruth is talking about; but I don't think this is what Rose was looking for. It has bushing sizes and some tube measurements; but "NOT" tube IDs.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oDFuR3NZn9Toxy0W8c2ylpPak3J-jdkB-b8WOhmCORgPd7LAKgLZ4-1IQRIF60gB30148PxvptUrHeFKKZYYCQ_XA6Ct-38/Cross%20Reference/bushings.pdf

Grizzlyss

Rose,
I use some paraffin wax to plug the inside of the tubes. I just melt some about 1/8 or 3/16 inch thick in a shallow bowl that I use only for this, then when hard I just push the tube ends into the wax, the glue up as normal. Then I use a centre marking rod (you can buy them at HF, they are also what everyone uses for taking a pen apart) from my set to push out the wax prior to squaring the ends, you don't have to do that part though, I just do it so I can remelt and reuse the wax later.

Sheldon

Randy_

I'm in the process of putting together a chart with that kind of information so I take particular note of any existing information along those lines. I don't recall ever seeing such a chart so it must have been an obscure piece of information. If you ever figure out where you found it, I would love to see it as well.

avbill

To clean the "Inside tube" I have gone to a gun shop and bought the brass wire cleaners for the several sizes of pen tubes.

It cleans the inside with one or two twists.

Bill Daniels

PenPal

Brass Tubing,
The inside diameter of a slimline close fit is 6.22mm the measurement of the mandrel is the guide for everything.And yes if you want accuracy you have to measure at the point of purchase in this country where many of the topline drills are imports from Europe and the USA.
Having said that the kits you can buy have various stems of all the sizes of mandrels for this purpose as well as facing the blank.
Happy everything Peter

Top Bottom