I boogered up my banksia pod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

CharlesH, I'm sorry, but I let you down on this one. I never gave a thought to doing any thing like research before I started on this. But from know on I WILL paint the tubes, I WILL reverse paint, and I'll try to do my homework before I go out to play. But there is something pretty catchy looking about the brass showing through the eyes. Anyone have any ideas for saving this? I have some brown spray paint, and I'm not afraid to use it. This was going to be one really Ultra Cigar.

Attachments

• pen 388.jpg
    pen 388.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • pen 389.jpg
    pen 389.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 936
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I *hate* it when I either forget to reverse paint a blank, or I think I don't need to. Until I realize I *do* need to.

Looked great too!

randywa

An educated man would have furthered his education before instead of after like me and my dirt dumb bretheren. I think that painting the tubes on banksia was around the 4 millionth thing I've learned this week.

Drstrangefart

Have you considered trying to finish it as it is and seeing how it looks polished? I think it could look good as it is, the brass looks like it's kinda supposed to be there, especially if you're not a pen turner.

As I see it, the only 2 things you could do is finish it and see how it comes out. Or turn it off as a complete loss. (been there many times but not with a beautiful Banksia pod.:eek::mad::frown:

robutacion

Many more, from where that one come from...!

G'day,

Well, well...!, If I'm not mistaken, that Banksia pod blank is one of my Resifills, made from the Banksia pods growing on my front garden...!

I don't think that is much you can do now that the tube is glued and you got it withing the barrel's finished size, doesn't look as bad as you may think and someone will think that is a feature and not an "oops"...!

The good news is that, I have plenty more from where that one come from...!:wink:

From straight cut, to diagonal and cross, I keep making them regularly as people seem to like them and the pens I saw finished with these blanks do really look amazing...!!!:biggrin:

Good luck.

Cheers
George

ctubbs

HEY! Don't quit now! Go for the gold and finish the pen. Tell everyone that you planed it that way and who is to say different.
Charles

KBs Pensnmore

Hi All,
In my Banksia Pens, I NEVER paint the tubes as when the tube is roughed up for glueing it looks like gold in there. Everyone I show them to, thinks that there is a gold layer inside the pod openings.
Just my 50cents worth (inflation):biggrin:
Regards
Kryn

randywa

G'day,

Well, well...!, If I'm not mistaken, that Banksia pod blank is one of my Resifills, made from the Banksia pods growing on my front garden...!

I don't think that is much you can do now that the tube is glued and you got it withing the barrel's finished size, doesn't look as bad as you may think and someone will think that is a feature and not an "oops"...!

The good news is that, I have plenty more from where that one come from...!:wink:

From straight cut, to diagonal and cross, I keep making them regularly as people seem to like them and the pens I saw finished with these blanks do really look amazing...!!!:biggrin:

Good luck.

Cheers
George

You, sir, must be a pretty lucky gardener. After the wife has time to forget about the money I've already spent this week, I think you'll be hearing from me.

randywa

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. I may have managed to pull this one out of my, um, hat. I'll post a couple of pics in SYOP. I may have to play this game again.

Top Bottom