Hymark highlighter?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

Is there a highlighter that will fit into the Hymark kit? I figure before I go to a lot of trouble to find out, I will see if anyone here has done that already. :cool: No need to reinvent the wheel!:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I have been curious to make a few of these myself. The description says that any fine or ultra fine Marks A Lot pen will fit. I am concerned that the cap will not seal well enough to keep the pen from drying out.

ChrisN

The Hymark looks almost identical to the Sherpa pen. Sherpa says it fits Liquid Expresso and Vision Elite pens, among others. It also is supposed to fit Accent highlighters. I can confirm the Hymark fits the pens, but I don't have a highlighter to test.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I'm not familiar with that kit but I have made a highlighter out of a Cambridge kit. Go to the Cross Pen site and look for "refills" and you'll find a highlighter refill in yellow, works well with the mentioned kit.
WB

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have been curious to make a few of these myself. The description says that any fine or ultra fine Marks A Lot pen will fit. I am concerned that the cap will not seal well enough to keep the pen from drying out.
I made 5 of these a week ago and put new Sharpies in them. When I tested them at my show today, all 5 had dried out.

ChrisN

Well, I got some Sharpie Liquid Highlighters, and they fit quite well. I just hope they don't dry up...

jaylopez

I made one two weeks ago using the Hymark kit. Today I tried to use it, and the marker was bone dry. I was careful to try to make sure I kept the cap on, but I think air still gets to the felt tip.

Crashmph

I made 5 of these a week ago and put new Sharpies in them. When I tested them at my show today, all 5 had dried out.

Well that is not sounding to good for this kit. I will have to check on mine. I made a dozen a few weeks ago.

Michael

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I made one when they were introduced, so I could take pics of it.

After reading this, I tried it (it has been sitting with the rest of my pens, untouched) and it wrote instantly. I used a Sharpie brand, blue.

Can you say what brand and color of marker you are using, please??

Thanks--I would like to isolate the problem so we can solve it.

Ed

smargison

Hymark dries out

I just started with the Hymark pen and have found that markers dry out in about 1 day. I cannot find anything amiss with my construction (I'm not new to this) and I have tried both fine and ultrafine markers. The only difference is the UF dry out in a few hours. I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue and if there is a fix for it or something very subtle that I have done wrong. I think this will be a good seller (I have clients who are teachers!) but I can't sell these until I know they are not problematical.

jttheclockman

Steve welcome to the site. Have to say sometimes it is just better starting your own new thread topic than reviving a 3 year old thread. People look at the date on the first page and just do not bother reading any more. I wish you well in your quest. and again welcome to the site.

Top Bottom