Hybrid pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

I have been making pens a short while but long enough to become very
addicted. In addition I have begun to know what style I like to make.
For me the slimline is just to small to try much design on. I personally do no like a tiny center and large top and bottom sections. I tried European style, Father Sing, Soft grip, Americana, etc. Now I have started swapping parts. For instance I like the size of the soft grip but I'm not overly fond of the rubber section so I leave it out. Sometimes I put a Father Sing center band on a European tip and cap.
Am I peculiar or does every one swap parts and make hybrid pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I have only made one soft grip pen with the grip and that was because I wasn't paying attention when I cut the blanks, to busy reading the directions to think about what I would end up with. the next one or two dozen have all been without the grip. anyone need extra rubber grips?
I have also started making slimlines with no center band. look at my photos. the Guild pen is a slimline.
as far as actuallly combining parts from two or more kits. I have trouble buying one kit to make a pen so I havn't ventured into that but others have. next is making your own parts to replace one or more of the kit parts. i know have my metal lathe. HMMMM wonder what motiveated that purchase :)
so no you are not peculiar, definitly infected with the penturning bug. but far from the looniest bird in the assylum.

Scott

Hi Jim,

No, you're not strange! As a matter of fact Rich Kleinhenz does a lot of this, and he is one of the best around!

Scott.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
And, before you give up on the SlimLine pen, take a look at my website for a description of some of the things that you can do with the kit. The link is below.

Jerry

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />the next one or two dozen have all been without the grip. anyone need extra rubber grips?

Hi Daniel,
What do you want for the grips? cash? mesquite blanks&gt; spalted pecan blanks?

Email me and let me know

send it to: jds at jerrystringer.net (replace "at" with @)

Thanks!

Jerry

Daniel

Jerry,
I went you a message through your e-mail link in your profile. If that doesn't work then let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom